Kenyatta National Hospital is a government state corporation whose vision is to be a world class referral hospital in the provision of innovative and specialized healthcare. The Hospital seeks to recruit dynamic, highly motivated, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department, the Medical Specialist II (Paediatric Anesthesiologist) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations
are carried out.
- Undertaking “on call” duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
- Training, supervising and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Providing anaesthesia for elective and emergency surgeries/procedures.
- Conducting ward rounds in CCU and managing patients in the CCU.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms and court attendance.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings.
- Carrying out community outreach duties including care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to the benefit of
the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Preparing medical reports.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Master’s degree in Anaesthesia or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a recognized
institution by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- A Fellowship training in Paediatric Anaesthesia or proven interest in Paediatric
- Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist.
- Specialist recognition certificate from the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Board.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board register.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 30th September 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
For those applying for positions Job Group K5 to K1, you may apply online and attach relevant copies of certificates and testimonials through the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
“Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.