NextWave Partners strives to deliver the highest level of career advice to our candidates and offer strategic human capital consultation to our clients whilst always operating with integrity and professionalism. At NextWave Partners we pride ourselves on our in-depth market knowledge which gives our clients and candidates a competitive advantage within the wider Energy & Infrastructure sector.
We are working with a world-leading debt financier to distributed solar companies and projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. Their Nairobi office is a 15 person, dynamic team of experienced renewable energy investment professionals that are driven by a desire to scale solar to solve energy poverty and climate change. We make debt investments in solar home systems, productive use (including mini grids) and commercial and industrial projects.
With four funds currently under management, they are hiring a talented and passionate
Investment Officer/Sr. Investment Officer to join their team and to be an active contributor to their growth.
- Grow their portfolio: You will actively contribute to the growth of the current portfolio by building and developing a strong eligible pipeline of investment opportunities in existing markets and new markets.
- Lead transactions from beginning to end: You will be leading the full investment cycle including origination, due diligence and credit risk assessments of existing and/or potential counterparties, negotiating and structuring transactions to financial close.
- Maintain a healthy portfolio: You will maintain high quality relationships with customers with regular check-ins for portfolio monitoring purposes and to ensure we cater to their scaling needs.
- Innovate and expand: In a rapidly moving market and a largely untapped market, they look to IOs to develop new solar lending products to meet their customers’ and the sector’s evolving financing needs and facilitate entry into new markets.
- Build their brand: You will regularly represent the company at conferences, seminars and other relevant events in the region or worldwide, as required. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining strategic partnerships with investors, co-lenders, advisors and other industry participants.
- A passion for what we do and a demonstrated hunger to close deals. You will have at least 5 years in leading, structuring, negotiation and executing debt investments in the financial and/or renewable energy sectors, including experience in assessment or financing of SMEs and/or traders, trade finance, long term and/or project finance.
- Previous syndication experience required.
- Technical know-how. You will have strong credit risk assessment, modeling, analytical and presentation skills. You will work closely with the analysts to prepare credit applications to present to credit committee as well as work closely with the Risk team to monitor their portfolio.
- Flexible and innovative. You have a proven track record of making things happen, willing to challenge the way we’re doing things, “get your hands dirty” and perform unglamorous roles from time to time, and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Excited by travel. You will travel to the markets where you are sourcing and executing deals (20-35% depending on where you are based) and have lived and worked in the emerging economies where we are active (particularly East or West Africa). French language skills are a plus.
They are a small company, and you will be expected to learn on the job, with guidance
from leading experts in solar finance to allow your skills to continuously be tested and flourish. They are a non-hierarchical company and are a meritocracy. They celebrate and promote diversity in backgrounds and opinions. In the end, they care about results and we show flexibility (e.g. work from home). In return, they expect that their team members give their best. Their goal is to create a job opportunity and work environment where you will be motivated to excel daily (pun intended) and have lots of fun while you’re at it.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nextwave Partners career website on www.linkedin.com to apply