Southern Africa’s leading home improvement, DIY and building materials retailer, with stores across South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique and Zambia. Builders offer four store formats, each designed to address the unique needs our target customer groups. The format of store in each market is determined by the size of the market, availability of property, as well as the needs of our customers. Where possible our stores are staffed by members of the community we trade in.
Functions / responsibilities:
- Update and maintain the master product file;
- Facilitate new vendor listing and load all products as per information supplied by vendor, Complete paperwork and hand over to article master.
- Ensure sign off of ATOF by all relevant parties within agreed time frames.
- Manage statuses of articles
- Maintain correct article information on all systems as per organisational standards
- Update the master data with regards to source of supply, tariff and language
- Update and maintain Pricing;
- Obtain price changes from vendor and load on system s as per buyer’s instructions and pricing process.
- Where special prices/ deals have been negotiated by buyers, ensure timely accurate loading onto systems. Check details before loading then print and obtain buyers signature
- File the information systematically on a monthly/ ad hoc basis, as obtained.
- Ensure data available to support buying and planning decisions
- Ensure pricing for Mozambique is up to date and any other ad hoc pricing requests
- Adhere to pricing and prices change processes
- Action, load and analyse promotions, deals and specials;
- Complete Excel spreadsheet sent from buyer (accompanied by PowerPoint slides)/ planner as per process. Pull dispo to check product information and purify where necessary.
- List new articles, ensuring accurate loading of all vendor and product information on systems as instructed and done in a timely manner
- Load deals and sales sets onto systems, check final copies and make corrections as needed. Ensure all paper work is completed as per process.
- Pull adhoc promotional reports as requested.
- Ensure timely ordering and delivery of promotional stock to stores while ensuring accurate loading of promotions
- Placement and management of purchase orders
- Create purchase and promotional orders on systems as per allocation tables (Excel format). Buyers/planners to confirm quantities of allocation orders before generating. Verify that vendor has received orders created by relevant MC. Ensure vendor email address is correctly maintained on SAP.
- Follow up on delivery and keep proof of order receipt/confirmation.
- Check and upload final, correct prices on the system with import orders and send all documentation to relevant parties.
- Follow up on deliveries to ensure that they are on time and advise the buyer on whether deliveries are on time/ delayed.e)
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and stores on queries (complaints, incorrect selling prices, incorrect MACs). Ensure that these queries are successfully resolved within 24 hours
- Resolution of queries;
- Deal with queries relating to suppliers, accounts payable, customer issues, merchandise queries in a timeous and effective manner, thereby limiting the number of complaints received
- Direct and/or escalate queries that you are unable to deal with to the correct parties for resolution
- Handle all vendor payment queries
- Pull Dispos as and when required and send reports to vendors, ensure accuracy
- Interrogate data reflected on Dispos and other system reports and highlight/escalated issues to buyer
- Extract negative margin report on weekly basis and send to buyer for analysis
- Pull open purchase order report to maintain purchase orders on SAP
- Diploma in Procurement and supplies. A University degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail and trade sales environment
- Excellent sales, communication, negotiation and influencing skills combined with high customer and service orientation with proven track record of selling a wide range of products.
- Competent IT skills: Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Social media platforms.
- Ability to build and develop relationships at every level with excellent cross-cultural competency.
- Team player who is comfortable working on own initiative.
- Confident, persuasive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong financial background with ability to accurately assess key business metrics and key performance indicators
- Driving sales efficiency through the vigorous use of sales management tools
Critical success factors & key challenges;
- Effective relationship building ability (Cross-functional)
- On the floor capability (80%)
- Keen eye on home improvement solutions
- Being able to manage teams and departments
What's on Offer;
A robust opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready for a fast paced, transformational journey with the ability to implement change in the home industry.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Builders: Warehouse, Express, Trade Depot career website on www.linkedin.com to apply