- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa Technical Program Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 2 October, 2019
Deadline: 15 October, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead conversations to ensure common understanding on the problem statements and proposed solution.
- Organize and motivate team members in discussions of initial planning, regular follow-ups and through to completion of projects across the Africa foot print.
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops with FinTech’s and client co-creation teams , associated vendor engagements, technical specialists, contracted consultants and bank internal stakeholders
- Engage with technical, engineering and solution architecture subject matter experts
- Develop a comprehensive activity and resource plan by identifying tasks, assigning accountability and tracking progress against agreed deliverables at a granular level
- Manage high-level milestones and consolidate project schedules
- Analyse and manage project risk, and track consolidate issue logs
- Control time and manage timelines with clear candid communication of any challenges
- Efficiently report to stakeholders on tasks, progress, and critical path
- Produce documentation, dashboards, and RAG status reports
- Consolidate project status from sub-projects into a larger program report
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in business or related field Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Business
- A proven track record of successfully implementing novel business solutions.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Must be experienced working in a fast-paced environment, while ensuring timely delivery of the team in alignment with the project management office
- Relevant Agile training and certifications a plus
- Experience leading multiple (2+) projects concurrently, with direct responsibility for tracking & reporting on key metrics
- Demonstrated ability to apply best practices to optimizing resources, scheduling time constraint peers & coordinating logistics
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well handling multiple concurrent projects to manage competing demands
- Strong judgment, with the ability to make quick, yet sound decisions and follow-through
- Creative approach to problem-solving, with a strong customer focus and commitment to deliver
- Team-player attitude, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish high-trust professional relationships quickly
- Combined 8+ years’ experience as a business product manager.
- Practical experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software delivery in waterfall and agile development teams
- Familiarity with software architecture of monolithic, distributed and micro-services patterns is a plus
- Experience in financial services including banking, financial services, and/or trading systems is an advantage
- While this role is based in Kenya there will be a need to travel from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya career website on scb.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered Bank KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Business Development Manager at Madison Asset Management Services Limited
- Chief Commercial Officer at MediaX Africa
- Mobile FrontEnd Engineer at The Kueq unLimited
- ICT Officer at Meru County Microfinance Corporation
- Senior Manager, Enterprise Architect at Standard Bank Group
- Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer at African Development Bank
- Health Services Specialist at World Bank Group
- Information System Auditor at Family Bank Ltd