Sarova Hotels is a leading group in the hospitality business running hotels, resorts and game lodges in Kenya.
Sarova Hotels has over a thousand rooms in eight hotels and lodges catering for both leisure and business travelers. For the leisure traveler, Sarova offers a host of diverse experiences including wildlife game drives, balloon rides, water sports, health clubs, a spa and traditional and contemporary entertainment.
Sarova Hotels has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Marketing & Sales with a proven track record to lead and grow the business in the hospitality industry. You will devise sales and marketing strategies, drive their implementation, motivate the sales team and achieve the agreed company targets.
This role holds the ultimate responsibility for the company’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business as well as directing all sales activities within the company and ensuring the company’s sales grow year on year.
It requires a strong understanding of the market, the trends and developments and changes taking place in the market relating to existing and potential clients as well as competitor strategies.
- Maximize a hotel's revenues by developing programs to increase occupancy and make profitable use of its accommodation, meeting and leisure facilities.
- Maintain awareness of the factors that influence the hotel industry and gain a deep understanding of the needs and attitudes of a hotel’s customers.
- Oversee the marketing and promotional activities to meet customer needs, working closely with other hotel staff to ensure customers are satisfied with the facilities and their time there.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance the company’s image and position within the market place and the general public.
- Achieve and exceed the group room sales revenue targets as agreed with the MD.
- Establish a clear strategy for international sales.
- Exceed fair market share targets.
- Lead the Sales team to establish a sales strategy, plan and targets for the achievement of the same.
- Monitor and review achievements and take necessary action in accordance with market movements.
- Ensure interface with marketing and operations; providing customer feedback for product development.
- Develop new markets and balance the segment mix to minimize the risks related to concentration.
- Position each hotel in the upper middle segment of the market.
- Ensure effective promotions and sales led Public relations.
- Have the best central reservations office and client services function in the industry.
- Build guest loyalty through rewards and recognition programs.
- Develop the sales systems and team with appropriate technology and skills
- Minimum 6 years relevant work experience in the hotel industry in a similar role. Preferably in a hotel group rather than a standalone hotel.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Sales and Marketing
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development, people management, sales management, revenue management, distribution channel management, brand development, product development, digital & social media marketing, loyalty management.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge on CRS and Guest Management Solutions (GMS).
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills that would support the growth and profitability of the company.
- Strong analytical skills
- A creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Outgoing team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Is willing and able to travel to establish and maintain client networks
- Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and financial management
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates strong persuasive and negotiation skills
- Works well with a variety of different individuals
Method of Application
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements are encouraged to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address.
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.