The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings (www.uapoldmutual.com) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda.
We are rooted in our purpose of "Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day" and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Customer Service, the job holder will be involved in the formulation and Implementation of the Overall Business Strategy for a region with the main objective of assessing business opportunities and growing the liability portfolio, asset portfolio and Banc assurance through client acquisition and retention, and ensuring quality of the portfolio.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop business strategic plans that provide clear direction of the business objectives for the region assigned.
- Manage achievement of sales, retention of client base and profitability of portfolio.
- Optimize business growth through cross selling of all products and aggressive sales efforts resulting in quality growth of client’s relationship, develop new business and grow accounts.
- Maintain a growing, balanced asset and liability book in line with overall bank strategy.
- Maintain a high quality loan book and offer competitive products and services that meet the needs of target market.
- Carry out research to monitor and provide relevant information on the market and competitors activities.
- Facilitate the development of new products and markets.
- Offer leadership to managers and staff in the region assigned in a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, mentoring and to ensure high levels of discipline.
- Develop policies and procedures that support the overall business strategy and ensure adequate communication.
- Continuously review processes and give recommendation on changes to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with operational procedures including MFI Act at the same time ensure all accounts are KYC complaint.
- Generate income lines, achieve revenue and profitability targets through representing entire range of company products, services assigned and / or targeted client segments.
- Ensure SMART target setting, monitoring and timely submission of both target documents &appraisal documents within set timelines in the allocated region.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Over 8 years’ experience in microfinance business with 6 years in a management role with proven record of business growth and management of good portfolio.
- Good leadership skills geared towards business growth, staff motivation and customer loyalty.
- Accounting knowledge
- A wide knowledge in the micro finance and Banking performance
- Bachelors degree in a business or finance related field
- Masters degree is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UAP OLD MUTUAL GROUP career website on careers.uapoldmutual.com to apply