Nova Pioneer is looking for an exceptional Administrative Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the Nova Pioneer Tatu Primary School Principal. The Administrative Assistant position is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and well-organized individual to assist in the smooth running of our school. The position will be based at Nova Pioneer Tatu Primary School in Kiambu but may require travel to manage tasks assigned by The Principal from time to time. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Schedule meetings for the School Principal in line with their diary
- Facilitate the public relations function of the front office
- Prepare documents ahead of internal and external meetings as directed by the School Principal (photocopying, binding, filing etc.)
- Prepare documents for internal display on pin-boards or notice boards (brochures, posters, etc.)
- Keep custody of the students' attendance registers and any confidential documents on behalf of the School Principal
- Maintain the school's student roster (termly) and update it as necessary
- Maintain The Principal's Google calendar, scheduling meetings, calls, virtual/teleconferences, and attend to meeting logistics so that meetings are started on time with full participation
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders via telephone, in person and in writing through the drafting of letters, memorandums, reports, and emails
- Coordinate travel and accommodation for the School Principal
- Handle petty cash, invoices and transportation requests for the School Principal
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
- Provide administrative services and take minutes for various meetings when required
- Receive guests and/or visitors for the Principal as well as any other visitors in the network office
- Assist in managing PTA communications and meetings
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You possess a Bachelor's degree/ Diploma in Office Administration/Management
- You have 2 to 4+ years as an Administrative Assistant, preferably of an established startup, large company or a school
- You are experienced or open to learning the Google software suite (Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, G Mail, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You are experienced and proficient in MS Suite with strong writing skills (for office communication) and are skilled in making posters and certificates
- You have excellent organizational, planning and time management skills - you are able to handle many moving parts while maintaining high standards of excellence
- You demonstrate capacity to analyze complex situations and solve problems
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide a clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leaders and school team
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious
- You have the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- You are proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to work
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback
How To Apply
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
The Process Is As Follows
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you'll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Working at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. "Novaneers" work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.