- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
People & Culture Manager East Africa at Amadeus
Posted on: 3 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Amadeus
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Summary of the role
Implement and monitor business focused HR policies and procedures aligned with corporate HR policies and compliant with local legal regulations
- PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION & LOCAL COMPENSATION
- Supervise daily, monthly, annual HR operations and procedures of Personnel administration: payroll, labour contracts, social security & income taxes, social benefits administration
- Manage procedures for monthly and annual processes related to payroll
- Inform on salary, benefits and absences to the SAP Admin to be included in the tool
- Follow up on all aspects of local labour law procedures, employment equity plan, labour inspection, including liaising with external labour advisors when necessary.
- Manage employee hiring and departure procedures
- Oversee local compensation and benefits policies ensuring:
- Cost effectiveness and alignment with overall Amadeus framework
- Analyse benchmark information
- Communication with employees in relation to benefits policies.
- Implement and follow up of corporate guidelines related to salary and bonus scheme policies.
- Health and Safety: Review work environments to ensure procedures are in place to prevent health risks / injuries and be compliant with all regulations governing the health and safety of individuals in the workplace.
- Work in partnership with senior stakeholders on organisation evolution (department changes, promotions)
- Participate with Regional HR in structuring levels and positions in alignment with Amadeus global levelling method
- Control and reporting of local headcount, in coordination with local Finance.
- RECRUITMENT, TRAINING , DEVELOPMENT, CAREER PLANNING & ENGAGEMENT
- Oversee recruitment processes and procedures (internal / external), dealing with recruitment agencies where necessary.
- Organise and facilitate appropriate induction processes for newcomers.
- Lead training, development & career planning activities, in alignment with regional framework
- Ensure training and development plans supports business initiatives as well as talent development
- Support coaching, mentoring, & leadership development within the teams
- Lead and implement Employee Engagement initiatives sustaining the overall motivation of the staff (within framework of Amadeus Engagement initiatives)
- OBJECTIVES SETTING & PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
- Oversee and provide support to Line Managers to ensure that Performance Management processes (objectives setting and performance evaluation) are adequately implemented.
- Supervise the follow-up and consolidation of final performance evaluation results and statistics.
- Work with senior stakeholders to discuss the annual performance and remuneration proposals
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Co-ordinate staff meetings and briefings in relation to personnel administration and HR related items.
- Together with Marketing Communications, provide support to develop appropriate internal communication channels for Amadeus teams based in other sites
- Follow up on Engagement Survey results and facilitate the design and implementation of team action plans.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of country Labour, Social and Tax laws
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks, follow through to completion and to deliver on deadlines.
- Capacity to interact at all levels of an organisation and with different senior stakeholders
- Fluent in English
- PC skills: advanced
- Years of experience: 5 years HR experience
- Education: University degree in HR, Psychology or related field, or equivalent work experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amadeus career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AmadeusSimilar Jobs
- Treasury Manager at Airtel Limited
- Operations Manager at Editec UK
- Sector Manager at Safaricom
- Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Job Opportunities at Tezza Business Solutions Ltd
- Job Openings at Airtel
- Associate Solutions Engineer at Cisco
- Full Stack Web Developer at TRACOM