Beacon of Hope (BOH) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization with a vision to be a model of excellence in holistic community transformation with a Mission to catalyze sustainable transformation by uplifting the spiritual, physical, economic and social well-being of marginalized and vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
- Designing and implementing efficient and effective procurement management systems in accordance to the Organization and Government procurement regulations and policies;
- Working with the procurement sub-committee and the management in developing and reviewing the organization’s procurement plans and ensuring that decisions of the Procurement Committee are implemented
- Participate in reviewing the procurement manual
- Reviewing and updating the list of approved suppliers
- Informing procurement committee / management on procurement matters;
- Planning, implementing and reviewing the organization’s annual procurement plan
- Coordinating the preparation of procurement plans for all the departments within the Organization;
- Support preparation of annual tenders and pre-qualification of suppliers;
- Responsible for the procurement of works, goods, and services for all departments in the Organization according to the Organization procurement regulations and public procurement regulations;
- Ensuring that all departments adhere to the procurement plans
- Ensures that procurement is done in a timely manner within the Organization and in accordance to Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations;
- Certification of payment to suppliers
- Give feedback to both successful and unsuccessful bidders;
- Establishing a reliable and credible source of goods and services for the Organization
- Maintain accurate purchasing records
- Hold negotiations with supply sources on behalf of the Organization concerning the materials and services that they intend to procure where applicable.
Assets And Stores Management
- Inventory and stock control in the various departments
- Custodian of local purchasing orders and local supply orders;
- Taking receipt and custody of samples
Market Survey And Research
- Carry out market research in order to obtain information containing the prevailing conditions on the supply market;
- Responsible for the continuous improvement and streamlining of delivery systems to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction;
- Prepare reports to management on procurement on behalf of Finance department
- Participate as secretary to the Beacon of Hope Procurement Committee; preparing the agenda for the procurement meetings and ensuring implementation of committee’s decision
Monitoring And Evaluation Of Unrolling Contracts
- Track all signed contracts to make sure that the vendors respect their part of the contract, and, of course, when needed make the required adjustments to the existent contracts.
- Facilitate learning and knowledge management between staff and among other stakeholders on financial and procurement matters.
- Implement Quantitative and qualitative measures in monitoring the entire supply chain, from the manufacturer to the beneficiary, as well as for individual parts of the supply chain.
- Design procurement M & E indicators.
- Support, plan and draft project baseline, midline and final evaluation reports, e.g. in construction contracts etc., to Support the monitoring of the quality and completeness of contract engagements for evidence -based decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Supplies/Supply chain Management
- Recognized professional qualifications in procurement such as CIPS/CPSPK/KISM
- Proficiency in IT
- Demonstrated Three (3) years’ experience in Procurement and supplies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications (Clearly mark position in email subject and letter), curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates, ID, other testimonials and salary history to the undersigned on or before 10th October 2019 at 4pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BEACON OF HOPE
P.O. Box 4326 – 00200
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com