Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand. We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager who will lead the sales team in covering the Western and Rift Valley regions in Kenya to sell organic agri-inputs and insect based animal protein to achieve required revenue and margins. Specifically, drive sales of Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and KuzaPro insect based animal protein.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your key duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Lead all sales and marketing operations within the assigned region.
- Implement projects to grow Evergrow Organic fertilizer through direct sales and reseller sales channels by more than 10x
- Oversee sales of KuzaPro organic insect based animal protein to feed millers.
- Optimize all aspects of sales operations, including customer acquisition, distribution, payment collection, and after-sales service to maximize profitability.
- Hire, manage and retain sales representatives to maximise their efficiency in achieving the required number of presentations and client visits
- Coach sales representatives on how to overcome blocks so as to increase the sales conversion ratio and retention of existing clients
- Recruit traders (resellers, agrovet distributors) to sell Evergrow Organic Fertilizer
- Manage revenue collections to minimise risk to the organisation
- Resolve challenges while selling and implementing projects and escalate to the manager any issues that he/she is not able to resolve
- Liaise with Operations teams to ensure timely delivery of products
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or higher level education in an Agricultural related course
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up agri input sales
- >2 years’ experience in consultative B2B selling
- >3 years’ experience in building and managing sales teams, preferably in direct sales with a clear track record of high performance
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of agricultural inputs market for small and medium-scale farmers preferred or ability to learn technical knowledge quickly
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Willingness to work outside of Nairobi and travel to support the sales team approx. 80% of the time.
- Valid driver's license and min. 2 years driving experience
- Valid Driving Licence
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 18th October , 2019. Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sanergy career website on www.sanergy.com to apply