Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Representative, the Deputy Representative is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Management Support for Representative
- ÂŸ Assist the Representative on the overall management of JCCP Kenya Office in Nairobi, including action plan formulations, financial management, human resource management, stakeholder relationship management, security management, and responding to emergency situations;
- ÂŸ Coordinate with the Representative to mobilize financial resources by organizing meetings with potential donors, conducting needs assessments, formulating project frameworks and proposal writing; and
- ÂŸ Represent JCCP Kenya on official occasions, including variety of official meetings, conferences, and/or governmental/international events in case the Representative is not available and instructed to do so by the Representative.
- Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- ÂŸ Supervise the project team to implement activities and to complete planned outputs and outcomes while ensuring quality of deliverables of project and their delivery timing, effective project monitoring and evaluation and systems for information sharing internally and externally.
- ÂŸ Prepare and manage outsourcing contracts necessary for effective implementation of projects.
- ÂŸ Make sure staff members of JCCP Kenya and local partners being sensitive to the confidentiality of information they deal with;
- ÂŸ Supervise the project team for effective partnership and coordination with external organizations including local government, NGOs, CBOs, etc.;
- ÂŸ Supervise the Finance and Administration Officer for organizing timely and appropriate project financial report and providing necessary administrative support.
- Knowledge Management
- ÂŸ Coordinate with the Representative and JCCP Kenya staff to collect best practices and important cases which bring good lessons, and provide technical support to the project team to ensure synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in project implementation and management.
- Capacity Building of the Staff
- ÂŸ Conduct needs analysis for JCCP Kenya office staff to allow them to complete their tasks as effectively as possible.
- ÂŸ Formulate a plan on human resource development and propose it to the Representative. Perform other related duties as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- ÂŸ Minimum of 10 years of professional experience working with International NGOs, local NGOs, UN agencies, development agencies or donor agencies;
- ÂŸ Experience in project management including project designing, logical framework preparation, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, budget management and risk management;
- ÂŸ Experience in managing project team;
- ÂŸ Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence with staffs and other stakeholders;
- ÂŸ Effective time management skills;
- ÂŸ Effective coordination and negotiation skills;
- ÂŸ Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to different actors;
- ÂŸ Ability to analyze and proactively identify priority issues;
- ÂŸ Flexibility, multi-tasking, effective prioritizing work, focus of deadlines and good team working;
Other Important Qualifications
- ÂŸ Good understanding of politics, security and peace process in Kenya;
- ÂŸ Understanding of complex relationships among communities, NGOs, government agencies, UN agencies in Kenya;
- ÂŸ Sense of responsibility, fairness and work ethics;
ÂŸ University Degree preferably in project management, international development, conflict resolution or related field;
ÂŸ Business level oral and writing skills in both English and Swahili;
- ÂŸ Experiences of work in projects on peace building, conflict prevention, protection and psycho-social support
- ÂŸ Expertise in analyzing data.
ÂŸ Monthly salary of this position will be around KES 250,000. However, it is negotiable upon expertise and experience of the applicant.