- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Anti-Counterfeiting Manager at Novartis
Posted on: 4 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Novartis
Novartis is reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. As a leading global medicines company, we use innovative science and digital technologies to create transformative treatments in areas of great medical need. In our quest to find new medicines, we consistently rank among the world’s top companies investing in research and development. Novartis products reach nearly 1 billion people globally and we are finding innovative ways to expand access to our latest treatments. About 125 000 people of more than 140 nationalities work at Novartis around the world.
Under the leadership of both the Market Access (functionally) and the GS Regional Head EMEA (operationally), actively contribute to the implementation and enhancement of the Novartis Anti-Counterfeiting program in Africa (East Africa, West Africa and South Africa) destined to combat pharmaceutical crime and create the conditions to bring counterfeiters and illegal traders to justice, recover losses through legal action, improve patient safety, preserve Novartis reputation and create a tangible return on investment for the business. Drive proactive and reactive Anti-Counterfeiting initiatives in Africa to protect Novartis patients, products, and reputation; in order to preserve business innovation growth and productivity.
- Be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the objectives and deliverables toward the Anti-Counterfeiting Roadmap endorsed by the Anti-Counterfeiting Steering Committee relevant to Africa.
- Plan and agree strategic anti-counterfeiting priorities (i.e. market monitoring, online enforcement, customs enforcement, criminal enforcement, civil enforcement), maintain visibility of Anti-Counterfeiting investigations and Operations and manage pro-jects, such as customs records’, risk mapping and product verification in close collaboration with PharmINT.
- Review, triage and investigate (risk-based) lines of inquiry from multiple sources (e.g. both from internal/external stakeholders) into incidents of counterfeiting of Novartis products.
- Ensure overall consistency of the Anti-Counterfeiting enforcement operations (Police, Customs, Municipality, Health authorities) undertaken. Coordinate local and transnational enforcement cases in close collaboration with the Global Security Intelligence Unit (GSIU). Ensure that an effective collaboration takes place, for each enforcement case, with the key internal business stakeholders (e.g. Legal, QA, NCA, Comms, etc.).
- Champion professional Anti-Counterfeiting Training & Awareness activities (as per the agreed strategic plan) with Novartis associates and external stakeholders, e.g. Police, Customs and Health Authorities, to raise awareness about the Novartis Anti-Counterfeiting program. Drive thought-leadership across industry to position Novartis as best-in-class in the Anti-Counterfeiting area in Africa.
- Operational collaboration with key internal and external partners and relevant industry associations, regulatory and government authorities and non-government organisations at national and international level, to develop anti-counterfeiting advocacy, engagement and awareness opportunities, (e.g. Interpol, WCO, WHO, PSI, etc.).
- Provide quality assurance for anti-counterfeit records in the global security case management system to ensure recordings are accurate, reliable and up to date.
- Based on the case management system, produce monthly, quarterly and yearly re-ports, measuring key KPI’s for each enforcement case and training & awareness initiatives. Identify gaps and trends and propose ways to effectively address them.
- Operational support on the other core Global Security activities in the region when-ever needed
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent in criminal law, intellectual property law and/or international security. English is mandatory. French as well as prominent African languages are considered to be a plus. Working experience minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in product security and/or anti-counterfeiting investigations and operations in Africa, preferably in the Pharmaceutical industry or related industry with a strong patient safety angle.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to simultaneously coordinate several projects, investigations and enforcement operations involving a multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
- A seasoned network with competent authorities and anti-counterfeiting industry associations on the national and regional level is required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Novartis career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NovartisSimilar Jobs
- Chief Customer Officer at Goodlife Pharmacy Africa
- IT Support Internship at Haltons Limited
- Medical Representative at Novartis
- Marketing Assistant Internship at Sanofi
- Hotel Manager at Rangechem Pharmaceuticals
- Executive Director at Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network (EPN)
- Value Stream Leader and Compliance Lead at GlaxosSmithKline Plc (GSK)