St. Mary's School – Nairobi has a rich cultural tradition blended in the academic and co-curricular activities. We pride ourselves in the solid Christian foundation planted by the Holy Ghost Fathers since her inception in 1939. We prepare our students for the KCPE, KCSE, IGCSE and International Baccalaureate (IB). All our academic programs place a focus on human values, creative arts, sports, religion, music and leadership.
- Assists the student with the selection and planning of a suitable and manageable research topic.
- Is sufficiently familiar with the field of research to provide guidance and/or has a willingness to gain that familiarity before agreeing to act as a supervisor.
- Is accessible to the student for consultation and discussion of the student’s academic progress and research.
- Convenes a meeting, at least bi-weekly. The frequency of meetings will vary according to the work schedules (part-time or full-time) but at least a minimum of three interactions within a term should be satisfactory.
- Respond in a timely and thorough manner to written work submitted by the student
- Provide constructive suggestions for improvement and continuation
- Provide educational guidance and assistance to the student by referring the student to appropriate resources for assistance
- Ensure that their students’ work meets the standards of the University.
- The turnaround time for comments on written work should not normally exceed three weeks
- When there is a conflict in advice or when there are different expectations on the part of co-supervisors or members of the supervisory committee, the supervisor is expected to endeavor to achieve consensus and resolve the differences
- Acknowledge appropriately the contributions of the student in presentations and in published material, in many cases via joint authorship.
- Ensure that recommendation for external examiners of doctoral dissertations are made and forwarded to the Postgraduate Studies Board in a timely manner.
- Assists the student to comply with any changes that need to be made to the thesis after the thesis or dissertation defense
- Encourages the student to make presentations of research results within the University and to outside scholarly or professional bodies as appropriate.
- Encourages the student to finish up when it would not be in the student’s best interests to extend the program of studies
- Assist the student by being aware of current graduate program requirements assists the student in meeting deadlines, evaluate the student’s progress, submit progress reports and where appropriate attend presentation before a committee
- Must have a Ph.D. in Human Resource Management
- Possesses a first degree in a relevant field e.g. Human Resource Management/ Business Management/ Administration/ Psychology/ Commerce
- A holder of a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management and or a Master Degree in a relevant field
- A member of the IHRM
- At least ten 5 years of experience in Human Resources, two of which have been in management level in middle-sized companies and/or corporate environments
- Has excellent knowledge in HR related issues across all functions of HR
- Experienced or exposed to Board interaction and reporting
Method of Application
All interested applicants are required to submit their application letters together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates, transcripts, National ID, Baptism Card and TSC Certificate of Registration to the below address.
St. Mary’s School – Nairobi,
P.O. Box 40580 – 00100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.