KidsCare is a Kenyan organization which was established in 2010 as an NGO, and was later changed into a Trust in 2012. Since 2012, KidsCare has blossomed into a well-functioning and dedicated organization powered by the extreme drive of all parties involved. The organization currently consists of 28 hardworking and dedicated individuals, who work tirelessly to help children who are in dire need of help.
KidsCare Kenya believes that every child deserves the right to a build on their future and develop the talents they have been born with. Therefore, together with our specialized partners, and in line with government policies we are dedicated to ensure that this basic right is being achieved.
Our service center is located in Mshiu, LungaLunga Sub-County. The service center is a unique facility in its area, being made up of offices, a large conference room, meeting rooms, guesthouse, big in-and outside kitchen, a therapy room and a 10-acre model farm. This enables us to offer a wide range of services to the neighborhood, what is a unique concept in the Sub-County. Earnings of the facility are used for our child supporting programs.
- Place within the organization
- Endorses the mission and vision of KidsCare Kenya;
- Is a member of the team of KidsCare Kenya;
- Is responsible for the assistance, guidance, and support of children with special abilities within their assigned locations;
- Is the face of KidsCare within the locations and households he/she is attached to;
- Is attached to children with special abilities (CSA) programs and responsible for activities that KidsCare is doing for Children with special abilities (CSA) and their environment, including guiding the caretakers of Children with Special Abilities;
- Strengthen the position of mentally challenged children and youngsters, by doing homecare, creating awareness to the community, advise the support groups, activate the stakeholders and facilitate special services and advocate on the rights of CSA through the community;
- Is accountable for the physical and emotional progress of the children in the program in their locations;
- Are part of the social work department and the team members support the other team members by giving feedback and helping to give solutions for challenges.
- works under the supervision of the head of departments CSA and CBHB;
- reports to the Manager CSA.
- Stimulates the involvement of the families and the community in realizing a better position of CSA in society;
- Sits in on behalf of the locational social worker when need be;
- Helps in giving information in KLT meetings concerning the progress in CSA and SSU programs.
- Give guidance to CSA caregivers to promote the independence of CSA both mental and physical.
- Strengthen the social-economic status of the CSA through capacity building the caregivers.
- Improve the status of children with special abilities through the caregivers and society by advocating on the rights of CSA hence giving them a better future.
- Has good contact with SSU and work together to improve on the functional skills and independence of CSA in the units.
- Collect, plan and monitor all relevant information and make reports during periodic evaluations.
- Implements children with special ability program within the locations.
- Make a home visit to CSA to know their living circumstances and improve their living conditions at home.
- Writing an individual care plan and monitoring the progress of a CSA (and their family) according to the individual care plan
- Assists the locational social workers and OT in doing mobilization to children with disabilities within their locations to join Therapies and Special school units.
- Increase the awareness of expertise and involvement of stakeholders.
- Presenting KidsCare in events in the community
- Diploma in Social Work/Community Development.
- Have knowledge of disabilities in children.
- At least two years of experience in working with children with disabilities.
- Have experience in working on with the community
- Is able to ride a motorbike and have a valid license;
- Computer literate;
- Have knowledge of counseling;
- Able to work independently;
- Is able to work under difficult circumstances, help children with specials abilities and their caretakers;
- Is able to take feedback and ready to learn.
- Have good therapeutic skills (e.g. counseling, consultation skills, coaching, educating)
- Motivated and willing to work with Children with special abilities and their families.
- Be proactive and goal-oriented.
- Able to handle him/herself well in term of conflict and be able to give solutions.
- Well organized and willing to take responsibilities
- Flexible and ready to take other task requested by managers or management team
- Good in communication can address community and express him/herself.
- A good team player.
- Good in written and spoken English.
Values, competences, management skills and job related competences
- better world;
- customer care;
- drive and enthusiasm;
- Management skills
- strategy & organization;
- general management & administration skills;
- ability to provide leadership & guidance;
- ability to ensure quality brand standards are applied;
- research and development;
Job related competences
- decision making;
- commitment and responsibility;
- build trust;
- communication skills;
- care of equipment;
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their letter and Curriculum to firstname.lastname@example.org