Tracom Services Limited is a Kenyan microfinance software company. It aims to “assist companies and organizations by developing cost-effective customized applications which enable them to streamline their daily operations”.
The core responsibility of the Integration Developer is to design, develop, document and maintain application interfaces, using standards-based integration technologies. Hands-on programming and configuration skills is mandatory. Frequent interaction is required with internal business analysts, project managers, quality assurance personnel and other stakeholders involved with delivering robust integration implementations. Occasionally, the position will also participate in discussions with the Tracom’s customers, partners, and third-party vendors across the payment ecosystem including but not limited to Payments switch vendors, POS terminals, Core Banking vendors to mention a few.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in modern software development and programming languages e.g. Java, C#, PHP, Python, C++.
- Experience in J2EE with different frameworks like Struts, Hibernate, Spring MVC, JSF XML and Web Services, RESTful Web Services, Swing, JMS.
- Deep understanding of commonly used web service communication protocols such as SOAP and REST APIs, HTTP(S), MQ, JSON, XML & SOA as well as demonstrated knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, and HTTP.
- Experience with commercial SOA middleware integration engines, particularly in the Payments industry.
- Well versed with existing and emerging application integration patterns including SOA, Microservices, Event-driven architectures, as well as Asynchronous messaging architectures such as JMS, RabbitMQ, TIBCO EMS, IBM MQ, Apache ActiveMQ.
- EFT Experience in particular working knowledge of electronic payments processing including ISO8583 & Transaction processing as well as EMV transaction expertise.
- Experience in SQL across a wide range of enterprise database management systems particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Strong experience with Windows and Unix-based server operating systems.
- Software development using different methodologies like Agile and Waterfall as well as understanding of Test-Driven Development.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for consideration by sending their application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th Oct 2019. Due to high number of applications expected for this position, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.