- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Finance Officer at Voluntary Service Overseas
Posted on: 7 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Voluntary Service Overseas
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- Matching requisitions to LPOs and invoices and ensuring they are approved by relevant staff subject to approval limits.
- Timely and prompt processing and review of payments to suppliers, volunteers ICFA & HCFAs, temp staff payroll preparation and staff advances processing.
- Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance; (NHIF, NSSF, Sacco loans, PAYE, W/tax, HELB, NITA) and accurate remittances are paid on time and annual filing of returns.
- In charge of preparation and coding of bank payment vouchers, payment processing and posting after review.
- Manage all correspondence with banks and creditors to ensure sufficient liquidity at all times.
- Providing monthly cash/bank forecasts to the Head of Finance & Operations/CD for approval and onward forwarding to treasury.
- Ensure that all finance and accounts IT processes such as data entry and backups are carried out on weekly basis.
- Responsible for carrying out Month end process filing and save reviewed monthly reports to T drive and share points effectively and on time.
- Support the audit process including preparation of audit schedules for audit purposes for review by HoFO and support documentation extraction.
- Invoicing of Donors, partners, Incomes accruals, hosted partners etc. invoicing, receipting and acknowledge incomes appropriately.
- Carrying out Accounts codes reviews, allocations and reconciliation of all balance sheet items.
- Sharing monthly, periodic staff, suppliers and partner’s advances statements.
- Carry out Supplier statement reconciliations including medical insurance claims and reconciliations.
- Raising reversal journals, preparation of recodes, their support and approvals.
- Keep safe custody of cash, cheque books and financial records.
- New staff/volunteer (joiners) orientation on finance policies, other VSO policies, and manuals and ensure finance clearance of leavers.
- In charge of data/ file archiving and updates – soft and hard files and maintain soft & hard files for all transactions.
- Exercise appropriate controls over and authorisation of all liquidations to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation. Reviewing of accountabilities submitted by volunteers and staff.
- Ensuring regular financial monitoring in the field are undertaken and any findings and recommendations are implemented in good time.
- Work with other colleagues to provide support to finance team in country in financial accounting and management.
- Maintain good relations with external donors by providing narrative and financial reports on a timely basis and in line with donor criteria when necessary.
- Upon assignment by HoFO, support projects proposal writing, PTC development and Donor budget mapping.
- Preparation of audit schedules, annual and quarterly financial reports/statement. Act as a focal point for coordination of organizational audits. Work with the HoFO and FA in ensuring that all activities, preparations and follow-up with respect to audits are done on time.
- Full-fill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the Head of Finance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Voluntary Service Overseas career website on www.vsointernational.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Voluntary Service OverseasSimilar Jobs
- Country Accountant at World Concern
- Country Change Partner and Transformation Lead at Plan International
- Psychosocial Assistant at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
- Livelihood Officer at Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya
- Consultant at ACTED
- Regional Representative at Adeso
- Scheduler at Human Capital Synergies Africa Limited
- Advocacy Lead at Plan International