We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Purpose of the Digital Partnerships Team
The Digital Partnerships team is responsible for managing relationships with Digital Partners across Middle East and Africa with a focus on Telco’s (Mobile Network Operators), Digital Merchants (including but not limited to Online Market Places and On Demand Services) including Large Digital Giants and Key Digital Activity Players.
The key areas of responsibilities for the team are to own and drive the Strategic Imperatives and Business Development initiatives for the Digital Partners across the industry verticals including building/ deepening relationships with the partners.
The team will focus on deploying initiatives identified as being high priority in delivering IMK and Mastercard (MC) goals, including:
- Positioning MC as a strategic technology partner, critical to profitability/ business growth in MEA
- Deepening relationships with key Digital Partners, ensuring holistic engagement(s) at all levels and driving flawless execution with robust governance processes
- Building and executing commercial partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Developing scalable value propositions and ecosystems across the different verticals that drive partners and Mastercard key KPIs (revenue, new consumers, transactions etc.)
- Providing Thought Leadership internally and externally
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this role is to manage the relationship with strategic digital partnership accounts across Africa in collaboration with Mastercard Cross Functional Partners.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and covers multiple markets in Africa.
The role, is responsible for driving account management across MEA for strategic digital partners, as well as driving Mastercard’s engagement with industry organizations - and as a result driving growth in Mastercard revenue.
The role is responsible for signing and executing signed partnership/commercial deals with Mastercard Digital Partners across multiple markets. Including developing and executing new and innovative digital payment business models and ecosystems.
The incumbent will be responsible for cross matrix collaboration and exercising leadership in driving core revenue and product cross sales across Mastercard including active collaboration and partnership with local account management and/or regional market development teams to drive execution.
Additionally the role will,
- Contribute to the achievement of the Digital Partner’s sales and net revenue targets including designing strategies, messaging and proposals for customers.
- Assist with analysis of the Digital Partner’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis including Budgeting, Strategic Account planning and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Collaborate with the cross functional team members and country teams to plan, execute and monitor progress against annual business plans.
Summary Of Responsibilities
- Execution of Strategic Account Commercial Deals and /or Strategic Partnership agreements.
- Work with Business Owners, Executive Sponsors and Finance to clearly define strategic initiatives and priorities, set objectives, financial goals, funding requirements, and key performance indicators to measure success. (split into near term and long term priorities)
- Lead multiple Digital Partner projects across MEA in collaboration of MEA regional teams, quickly grasp new ideas and simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability and roadmap
- Exercise strong judgment and organization skills to prioritize and re-plan activities so that critical path tasks and deliverables are not delayed
- Own the Digital Partner’s P & L including Budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting across all clusters (MEA wide)
- Responsible for reviews of the overall performance of the Digital Partner, and also for managing the relationship and profitability as per the commercial deal.
- Responsible for all administrative and operational issues for the Digital Partner.
- Develop & sell new opportunities with the Strategic Digital Partners with the view to accelerate business growth – to increase Mastercard share and volume and identifying new revenue streams
- Own the co-creation and development of new business models, value propositions and /or innovative ecosystems in collaboration with the Digital Partner, internal stakeholders and /or external third party providers as required.
- Ownership of developing account plans, GTM deliverables for defined group of key merchants, in collaboration with the IMK regional teams
- Develop new business opportunities/ sales pipeline leveraging full suite of Mastercard products and solutions, including co-brands, prepaid and commercial products, Masterpass, Advisors’ services and other Mastercard products service innovations or enhancements
- Develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities
- Develop strong working relationships with key influencers at Digital Partner and with Mastercard support teams (e.g., IMK regional teams, product dev. teams, market dev. teams, etc.)
- Work with Mastercard cross-functional teams to identify new segment and product opportunities and develop/ execute bespoke propositions to maximize penetration with Digital Partner/ industry
- Strive for broadening a strategic partnership with a global presence
- Execute flawlessly through collaboration with key constituents both internally (market development, global products & solutions, legal, franchise and finance teams), as well as external resources (Digital Partner, banks, merchants, regulators and third party service providers) to ensure seamless execution of the strategy
- Develop views on competition positioning in the Digital Partner’s industry vertical for MasterCard. Accountable for Mastercard positioning with the industry eco-system
- Build networks with Mastercard regions worldwide to handle global Digital Partner needs
- Perform market research and opportunity assessments on new concepts and ideas. Assess the viability of new products in support of market and Digital Partner strategy
- Create a Centre of Excellence for the Digital Partnerships Vertical.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Master Card career website on mastercard.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply