The WFP Somalia activities include food assistance for reliefschool feedingsafety netsnutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. WFP in Somalia is implementing a complexthree-year country programme that incorporates interventions spanning food assistance for relief to innovative food systems solutions.
The Partnerships Officer will lead overall coordination of the business developmentcapture managementand proposal writing process of the country officeunder the supervision of the Head of Partnerships.
This position is open to qualified candidates. Female candidates are particularly and highly encouraged to
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of partnership opportunities to meet WFP programme objectivesmaximising resources raised by developingnurturingand leveraging relationships with partners to meet shared goals;
- Identify entry-points for newemergingand renewed partnerships ensuring alignment with WFP priorities;
- Lead coordination and preparation of proposals in liaison with various functional units;
- Lead donor mapping exercises andin line with Country Officeplan and identify opportunities to collaborate with new and non-traditional partnersincluding development-focused donorsprivate sector and foundationsand programme and advocacy partners;
- Monitor resourcing status of programmesreconcile pipelinesidentify trends and issuesand propose solutions to enable informed decision-making and action planning by senior management;
- Develop advocacy and external relations materialincluding pitch decks and investment casespresentationsand briefing materials for country management as requested;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of donor and government policiesand support development of key messagesdefining effective strategies for partner engagement;
- Support negotiations for contributions and partnership agreementsin line with internal policies and external regulations;
- Monitor and participate in relevant events of UN and other multilateral bodies/governments that may have an impact on WFP activities and programmes;
- Deputise Head of Unit and supervise junior staff as required;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: Advanced university degree in Public AffairsCommunicationsBusiness AdministrationCommercePolitical ScienceInternational DevelopmentInternational RelationsLiberal Artsor other relevant field; or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience: At least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in partnerships management.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the programme/project cycle including cross-cutting themes and issues.
- Experience or understanding of humanitarian and development cooperation and international organisations (e.g. UN or donor agency)and familiarity with the international humanitarian and development system and aid architecture
- Understanding of foreign policy and how to work within complex political economies and operational environments;
- Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations;
- Gathersanalyses and reports information in a manner that draws out fact-based insights to inform approach to partner relationships and support substantive discussion with partners. Captures relevant information and progressand ensures internal information sharing and timely decision making;
- Maintain strategic and liaison with a broad range of internal and external partners. Engages in mutually informative discussion with partners and influencers that strongly positions WFP and leadership;
- Highly developed judgement and tact to deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters;
- Hands-on relevant experience in the UN or INGOs is desirable.
You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.