- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Administrator ICS at Voluntary Service Overseas
Posted on: 7 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Voluntary Service Overseas
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- Project development in the host community
- Develop new/review existing project plans based on evidence generated and in Line with VSO thematic areas of focus
- Assess and identify partners with co-shared objectives and as guided by ICS and VSO standards
- Support partners to develop appropriate and relevant project descriptions and activities
- Partners Capacity Building
- Identifying support and capacity gaps amongst partners including host homes.
- Capacity building partners including Volunteer Management System (VMS) Training, Host-Homes orientation, Social Inclusion etc.
- Volunteer and Team Leaders Management and Support
- Provide adequate support and supervision of volunteers and TLs throughout the programme.
- Promote and encourage appropriate behaviour and ensure safety and security standards procedures are met and understood.
- Support TLs and volunteers to build effective and enabling relationships with host country counterparts and adapt effectively to a different culture and working environment.
- Prepare references for alumni and volunteers based on their performance and supporting early returns and medical cases
- Facilitation and Training
- Promote learning amongst volunteers on global, cross-cultural and intercultural issues through the delivery of training and learning tools and support youth led and on-placement training throughout the programme.
- Deliver training using participatory approaches and skills to volunteers, which adequately equip them for their placements.
- Oversee Team Leaders and volunteers’ induction training including In Country Orientations, In Community Orientations and support to deliver youth-led training and learning activities throughout the programme
- Relationship management and partnership working
- Work effectively with ICS PO and act as a representative of VSO Kenya and partners at all times.
- Support Host Homes and Placements organizations in promoting learning, cross-cultural engagement and relationship building.
- Ensure that all programme partners and stakeholders are kept regularly informed about the progress of the in-country programmes
- Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
Capture learnings from all volunteers, stakeholders and outcomes in accordance with the overall purpose and objectives of the programme.
Develop quality team plans, debrief reports, cumulative monitoring tools and project updates.
Support volunteers is documenting their learning journeys and case studies. Reporting on any medical, safety and security incidents.
- Budget Management
- Source and use cost effective means and measures in the community to ensure value for donor money and quality project.
- Develop monthly work plans with budget projections for the community. Manage the community budget and submit weekly reports to the country office
- Promote active citizenship amongst the youth
- Provide post placement support through regular follow-ups, linkages to opportunities as well as engagement in ICS activities, advocacy and leadership elements.
- Provide Post placement support for the Return Volunteers (Action at and Home).
- Support youth in developing and refining social action project proposals.
- Support alumni in implementing social action projects
- Security and safety of volunteers and primary actors and disciplinary management
- Conduct community, partners, host homes and activity risk assessments.
- Review the risk assessments on quarterly basis and share updated reports with the County People Manager.
- Medical facilities assessed and approved prior use of services. Incidences documented and reported to the country people manager as stipulated in VSO and ICS incident reporting protocol
- Ensure volunteers sign the ICS volunteer agreement and are aware of expected code of conduct, safeguarding policy and child protection policy.
- Manage disciplinary issues and ensure they are documented, and disciplinary process followed as guided by ICS disciplinary procedures. Volunteers, TLs and partners grievances are managed in a professional manner and documented
- Project Administration and Logistics
- Organize project logistics within the community, prepare requisitions for materials, equipment, training venues, accommodation etc. as required.
- Liaison with programme Assistant and Officer for support required outside the community. Develop service Terms or reference and contracts as needed e.g. for Consultants
- Other duties as requested by the line manager.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Voluntary Service Overseas career website on www.aplitrak.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Voluntary Service OverseasSimilar Jobs
- Country Accountant at World Concern
- Country Change Partner and Transformation Lead at Plan International
- Psychosocial Assistant at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
- Livelihood Officer at Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya
- Consultant at ACTED
- Regional Representative at Adeso
- Scheduler at Human Capital Synergies Africa Limited
- Advocacy Lead at Plan International