Options is seeking a consultant who will lead the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in Family Planning and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) across WISH2ACTION. S/he will work in close collaboration with national and local government counterparts, consortium partners, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
Provide strategic support to Health Financing Advisors in WISH2ACTION Options’ countries to ensure achievement of domestic financing milestones
- Provide strategic support to the in-country teams to ensure that planned activities reflect a detailed analysis of opportunities and challenges in each country. These activities should form part of a country-specific pathway of change to achieve Health financing results;
- Support Health Financing Advisors in each country to problem solve and adapt their approach when faced with a challenge, bringing in the Options London team where necessary;
- Alert the Options health financing team in a timely manner of any concerns about the country teams’ progress or ability to deliver against milestones and targets.
Provide technical backstopping and quality assurance of technical outputs relating to domestic financing for WISH2ACTION Options’ countries
- Provide technical support to the development of key technical outputs relating to health financing across WISH2ACTION countries. Such technical outputs will include but are not limited to:
- Investment cases setting out the financial, social and/or economic case for investing in FP/SRH;
- Advocacy briefs on health financing with messaging tailored to different audiences;
- Budget scorecards, tracking budget allocation and expenditure on FP/SRH.
- Support the WISH2ACTION teams to build capacity of key stakeholders to effectively engage in the budget process and to leverage other health financing mechanisms to achieve increased investment in FP/SRH. This could include ongoing support to the Ministry of Health, orientation of parliament on the importance of investing in FP/SRH or targeted training to civil society;
Ensure timely reporting to DFID on quarterly and annual milestones and logframe targets
- Support the achievement of the quarterly and annual milestones through effective planning, technical support to delivery and quality assurance as needed;
- Ensure the availability of evidence required as proof of achievement.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have a master’s in Public Health, Health Economics, Health Management or a related field
- Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels;
- A solid understanding of Public Financial Management (PFM) including annual budget cycles, Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks (MTEFs) and the principles of transparency and accountability, particularly health budget tracking and advocacy
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Kenya
To apply, please send your CV with a supporting statement of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (RHFA- Kenya -WISH2ACTION) in the subject header
Closing date for applications is: 18 October 2019. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.