- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource & Legal Officer at Reeds Africa Consult Ltd (RAC)
Posted on: 8 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Reeds Africa Consult
Our client in the Logistics industry is looking to hire a Human Resource & Legal Officer. The ideal candidate will double as a legal officer as well as handle overall organization Human resource activities.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company.
- Establish and lead the standard recruitment and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire an excellent and productive workforce.
- Formulate and recommend Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on all areas associated with employee relations.
- Manage a performance appraisal system that compels high performance for all the employees in the organization.
- Overseeing and reviewing employee health and safety procedures to ensure employees welfare, wellness and safety.
- Identifying legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance including studying legislation, arbitration decisions and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Keeping records of benefit plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance, terminations and employee statistics for future reviews.
- Accident investigation and preparation of insurance carrier reports.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field.
- Law Background is a must.
- Professional Accreditation – IHRM.
- Minimum 7-9 years’ experience in HR Officer/ Legal officer role in a manufacturing or Logistics setup.
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation and human capital best practices.
- Knowledge of operating activities in the logistics industry.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Systems is an added advantage. (Payroll, Time Attendance, Staff Database).
- Time management, Critical Thinking and Analysis.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with a good foundation in HR theory.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Reeds Africa Consult career website on reedsafricaconsult.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Reeds Africa ConsultSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at World Courier
- Head of Front Office at Bolloré Logistics
- PSV Compliant Drivers at JimCab Services Ltd
- Area Finance Manger at Maersk Group