Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level.
Do you love challenges, think-out-the-box in a strategic approach with relevant experiences and skills? Can you provide leadership by example with hands-on-attitude, able to formulatesolutions for everyday problems with cool head and get the jobs done approach?
Our Client SOMPRINT, a printing and branding company with operations in Somalia,is recruiting a Regional Operations Manager,who will be located in Mogadishu,Somalia.
Key roles and task:
- At Management level
- Hold regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning and initiative geared toward operational excellence, new products, services and market development.
- Identify organisation gaps, (knowledge, market, resources etc.), pioneer solutions,implement outcome, monitor and evaluate impact.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission - specifically, better management reporting, information flow and management,business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of departmental collaboration through development of each department’s functions as well as coordination and communication procedures between departments.
- Marketing and Sales
- Develop and monitor marketing and sales objectives, targets and strategies with the Executive Director and Head of the Department.
- Ensure the achievement of marketing and sales objectives by recruiting, selecting,orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Work with and support the marketing and sales team to achieve financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures,analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Determine production (graphic design and printing) priorities by reviewing customer order requirements and production schedules; analysing equipment, materials, and employee availability; coordinating schedules with sales and delivery date.
- Synchronize all production departments’ functions and collaborations and overseeing quality of work.
- Review, improve and enforce departmental work policies and procedure as well as production and scheduling efficiency.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Manage supply and materials inventory.
- Human Resources
- Review, develop and enforce work ethics, policies and procedure.
- Select, train, schedule and manage employee performance.
- Communicate job expectations and targets; plan, monitor, appraise, and review performance.
- Responsible for problem solving, conflict resolution, and multi-tasking project management.
- Oversee, payroll, manage staff benefits and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and monitor annual budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets in coordination with the head of departments.
- Payroll management, including arrangement of accrued employee benefits.
Knowledge, Experiences and Skills
- Relevant MA or MBA degree from reputable university
- Minimum ten years of work experiences including a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar managerial role – essential
- Strong managerial track record with the potential to grow within the organization,particularly, people management, sound financial management knowledge and reporting skills – essential
- Strong analytical and technical skills – essential
- Solid exposure to the printing press industry, book binding, and graphic design – desirable
- Experienced in managing workers in large production/manufacturing environments
- Pre-press knowledge (Software and Hardware) – desirable
- Exposure to Somalia market – desirable
- Good oral and written communication skills both in English and Somali language
- Strong PC/Computer Skills – essential
Method of Application
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to email@example.com and reference “Regional Operations Manager” in the subject line of the email on or before 18th October 2019 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.