The Safal Group is Africa’s largest producer of steel roofing and the sole producer of Aluminium Zinc coated steel on the continent.The Safal Group has built a portfolio of trusted brands which are delivered through operations in more than 12 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Reports to (designation): Head of Marketing
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor Business or Marketing degree,
- Qualifications as an added advantage: MBA or related course or experience
- General work experience (years): >5 years in the channel or product development
- Leadership/Influencing people: A proven ability to positively influence people towards potential new solutions.
- Organizational: An ability to engage with internal & external people & departments to obtain support & enthusiasm for new ideas & concepts.
- Industry: Any Industrial product manufacturing company
Key Competencies and Technical Skills:
- Experience in B2B Marketing mandatory
- Experience in channel management for franchised products & services
- Experience in product development processes & procedures.
Main purpose of the position:
To create policies and procedures to manage the direct & indirect selling of our products & services in our chosen markets. Creating, Managing & Developing channels to market along with selecting & developing the right products and the right time & place are critical success factors.
Reporting in to this position (designation and level)
- Routine/Direct: None
- Functional/Indirect: Channel Management & Product creation for cold formed solutions
- Identify product opportunities for evaluation
- Market Analysis & evaluation of those opportunities
- Select the right products at the right time & place for optimum profitability.
- Develop new product lines, solutions & channels to market for those opportunities.
- Work within the business to ensure that channel partners are adequately trained & that the supply chain is optimized for the delivery of our chosen solutions.
- Manage the Product creation pipeline for continuous development & sales growth
- Create procedures & policies on what type of channel partners we want, where, when & why including processes to remove non-performing partners.
- Develop strategies to energize & motivate our channel partners that enhance our brand & business position & optimise long term profit.
- Product Development & Channel development research costs
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org