- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Deputy Commissioner – Legal Services at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Posted on: 22 October, 2019
Deadline: 31 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficient through effective tax revenue mobilization. KRA is seeking result-oriented, self-driven individuals of high integrity to fill the position of Deputy Commissioner – Legal Services.
Purpose of the job
Oversees the functions and operations of the Legal Services Division, and provision of all legal advice on matters affecting KRA.
- Lead pre-litigation processes between KRA and other parties and guide the preparation of Memoranda of Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Interpret relevant legislation and advise management and relevant departments on changes in Law.
- Make legislative proposals on amendments of fiscal laws.
- Monitor post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue departments.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Postgraduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice.
- At least three (3) of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organisation.
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) career website on www.kra.go.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)Similar Jobs
- Head, Generation Africa at African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- IT Assistant at PATH
- Technical Engagement Specialist at ICANN
- Finance Intern at Christian Aid
- Quality Assurance Manager at Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS)
- Director, Global Operations at Namati
- Field Recruiter at Catholic Relief Services
- Consultant at Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)