RefuSHE Kenya is a non-profit organization based in Nairobi Kenya dedicated to protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee children and youths; especially adolescent girls through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
Reports to: Executive Director/ Chief Operations Officer
The Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the RefuSHE Kenya Country office. The HR&A Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions. The HR&A Manager will provide strategic guidance on HR to the office.
- Oversee human resource management for the organization including recruitment and day-to-day staff management.
- Direct and oversee all administration related activities including office administration responsibilities, security, preventative and corrective maintenance, logistics, office supplies and transportation.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, Administration and Logistics) by improving coordination and communication between support, program management and technical functions;
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies by enhancing the quality of documentation, reporting, information flow and business processes;
- Play a significant role in driving long-term planning and leading initiatives geared towards operational excellence.
- Ensures that the Company’s overall human resources policies, rules, regulations and procedures comply with Kenya Labor Law.
- Regularly update the ED/COO on procurement, HR, Logistics and administration planning and implementation progress;
- Payroll administration in liaison with the finance team on salaries for existing and prospective staff, ensuring consistency with approved budgets as well as administration of benefits and other compensation packages.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvements to administration systems and procedures;
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services by improving coordination and communication between support functions;
- Coordinate with in the preparation of monthly payroll. Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Line manage staff within the administration department namely, Administration Officers, Procurement Officers and HR Officers.
- Manage service delivery by third-party service providers including consultants and outsourced services by monitoring contracts and service level agreements, taking corrective action where necessary;
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling queries, interpreting and administering contracts, and providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on performance and other human resource issues.
- PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a Business related field (Specialisation in Human Resources Management)
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Diploma in Logistics management.
- Master’s in Business administration with a Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya with a valid Practicing Certificate.
A minimum of 7 years relevant senior level experience with at least 5 years’ experience in Human Resources and Operations Management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Strong business awareness and good analytical skills;
- Ability to make key decisions and solve problems;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Integrity within a professional environment;
Method of Application
All applications and detailed CV should be titled as Human Resources and Administration Manager and addressed to the Chief Operations Officer RefuSHE Kenya, P.O. Box 63192-00619 Nairobi, Kenya. Send your email application to Aerickson@refushe.org
RefuSHE Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.