BiRD’s primary fields of activity cover key aspects of democratic governance and institutional strengthening – like rule of law, justice sector reform, parliamentary assistance and political party support, electoral assistance, human rights, support to state and non-state actors, and conflict prevention and peacebuilding – in developing and transition countries. The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy – BiRD GmbH is currently accepting applications for a Expert 1: Expert for Statistics for GIZ M&E Consultancy in Africa.
Duties of the expert
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Collaboration in the development of the improved data collection method for the
- country packages and in the development of the data collection and evaluation
- method for the end line
- Where appropriate, participation in on-demand advice for the country packages
- Provision of technical expertise in the area of statistics
Qualifications of expert 1
- Education/training (2.2.1): Postgraduate/master’s degree in statistics or comparable degree course; doctoral degree in empirical social research
- Language (2.2.2): English and/or French
- General professional experience (2.2.3): Recognised expert in the area of statistics, qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection and data evaluation
- Specific professional experience (2.2.4): In-depth knowledge in the area of agricultural production or agricultural value chain promotion
- Leadership/management experience (2.2.5): At least ten years’ work experience in the following areas: statistics, empirical social research, qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection
- Regional experience (2.2.6): Work experience in rural Africa
Soft skills of the team members
In addition to their professional qualifications, the team members should also have the following qualifications:
- Team skills
- Personal initiative
- Communication skills
- Socio-cultural skills
- Partner- and client-oriented, efficient approach
- Interdisciplinary mind set
Period of assignment: 1 January 2020 to 31 October 2021.
60 expert days:
- in home country 48 expert days
- in country of assignment 12 expert days (Estimated are: Assignment in Bonn, Germany for 02 expert days; Assignment in Kenya for 05 expert days; Assignment in Cameroon for 05 expert days)
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Applications and updated CVs are accepted on a rolling basis and should be submitted until October 31st, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only excellent experts meeting most or all of the above mentioned criteria and having excellent and verifiable record will be considered.
We wish to advise that by submitting your CV, you express your consent to the storage, processing, transmission and use of your personal data for the purpose of identification and selection of project personnel.