The Performance Management Section (PMS) in the Supply Chain Management Service (SCMS) focuses on assisting internal clients and implementation partners to achieve high quality mandate results through an integrated approach that links results-based management and performance monitoring with a more effective and new ways of working by enabling data and insight driven decision making. The Performance Management Section (PMS)acts as the hub for all aspect of the missions Business Intelligence efforts including BI requirement development, data sourcing, modeling, visualization and reporting.
The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance will support the implementation of the Business Intelligence Operating Model in UNSOS. The BI initiative in UNSOS has increasingly involved a major exercise to ensure data quality. The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance is expected to analyse the quality and quantity of UNSOS mission support data to ensure that the data have the highest quality. The consultant will work closely with the Business Intelligence Unit, UNOPS team and data creators and owns to ensure timely resolution of data quality issues. The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance will also make recommendations about the methods and ways in which UNSOS creates, obtains and analyses data to improve quality.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Senior Analyst – Quality Assurance will work under the direct guidance of the Team Leader Data Quality and Innovation cell in the Performance Management Section of the Supply Chain Pillar. The ICT Senior Analyst – Quality Assurance will administratively report UNOPS Business Analytics Specialist Lead and will perform the following tasks:
- Support data quality management activities such as;
- Review UNSOS Business intelligence datasets for quality, completion and accuracy
- Monitor and review dashboards to identify and resolve data quality issues in timely and accurate manner
- Review existing internal data collection and monitoring processes and develop process improvements to enhance overall data quality
- Work closely data creator to correct data quality errors
- Establish and implement standards and strategies for data management, lifecycle, and quality.
- Define best practices and standards for the data modeling process
- Identify areas of improvement to achieve better data quality
- Support the establishment and monitoring of Data Governance framework and data quality reporting
- Liaise with internal clients and partners to carry out the data review exercise
- Support developing or revising data review guidelines and training materials
- Support the operationalization of exemption process
- Contribution to the development of machine learning algorithms in automating narrative analysis and issues findings.
- Other tasks and responsibilities relevant to the scope of work as assigned
Impact of Results
The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance will support the analytics and data management quality assurance aspects of UNSOS performance management initiatives. The effective and successful achievement of key results by the ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance directly affects the overall efficiency of the office’s provision of services, impacting the quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely and accountable delivery of services ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in strategic services.
Education/ Experience and Language Requirement
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Telecommunication, Data Science, Business Administration, Public administration or in a field related to the post description.
- A first level university degree combined with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in IT systems, data analytics and/or in a related field,
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in handling large datasets and quality assurance
- A minimum 1 year of experience working with data visualization tools (for example, Microsoft Power BI or Tableau)
- Experience building data analyses and visualizations in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience is a supply chain or related areas.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Integrity and Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. A role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.