Our client, a bridal design house, is looking for an Administration Officer to ensure smooth running and maximized efficiency of the company.
Location: Kilimani, Nairobi
Partner with management to review their current business operations processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency, enhance customer service and reduce company costs and raise revenue. The position reports to and works closely with the Creative Director and all other functions report to the Operations Officer.
- Partner with management team to assess and improve current business processes (standard operating procedures – SOPs)
- Develop SOPs where there are none (sales, marketing, finance, production, reports for the same)
- Develop a new business model or prepare recommendations and present them
- Submit regular updates to management about company health and new initiatives in progress
- Review current staff performance and offering suggestions for improvement
- Analysing business practices and recommending improvements/ business solutions
- Share knowledge with employees as needed
- Provide reports on data that affect business performance
- Suggest improvements to systems, operations and workflows
- Foster a culture of change within the business
- Assess effectiveness of changes
- Track costs and benefits of changes
- Inspire productive changes in the workforce by interacting with each employee
- Track and improve current KPIs currently in place
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Manage both raw materials and personnel
- Overseeing inventory, purchasing and supplies is central to the job.
- Determine needs, hire employees, oversee assignment of employees and planning staff development
- Assist in tracking KPI’s
- Oversee the overall look and feel of studio is maintained always
- Suggest any training needs and ways of implementation in-house or outsourced.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning and controlling costs and keeping the organization on track financially.
- Manage supply chain and other resources to help minimize costs of production.
- Study business forecasts, sales reports and financial statements to propose ways to maximize results.
- Improve efficiency in the company running
- Set goals and objectives and establish procedures and policies for various departments in the organization, based on overall company strategy and monitor progress
- Create sales forecasts and planning of sales promotions.
- Oversee production planning and scheduling
- Help promote a positive company culture where the work can get done and morale is high.
- Facilitate efficient communication between employees and departments.
- Resolve minor disputes or disagreements.
- Cooperate in high-level decision making with the Directors
- Work with internal and external clients, pitch designs, and understand client needs; this role is in conjunction with the Creative Director
Design & Production
- Sign off on complete garments
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
- Approve specification sheets (initial guidance may be required to create a working system with the Assistant Designer)
- Guide and oversee creating basic blocks for bridal (system development)
- Contribute to/comment on development creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand and proposition strategy
- Represent the company at events
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in similar capacity
- Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in a production environment is a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to lead teams and projects from concept to completion
- Ability to supervise and develop employees
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work without supervision
Method of Application
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 26th October 2019
Correspondence: Applications to be submitted to the link below
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Wisen HR Services career website on wisenhr.zohorecruit.com to apply