Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, sex, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive necessary treatment.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment.
- Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow.
- Referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition.
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health condition.
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patients’ information is kept confidential.
Qualifications and requirements
- Education: Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Experience: Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years.
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is an added advantage.
- Supervision, monitoring & evaluation, quality assessments and training needs analysis.
Method of Application
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate)
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and updated curriculum vitae via the email address provided below. Mention on the subject email line “Clinical Psychologist” to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2019(INCLUSIVE)
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any applicant/recruitment fee.