Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 22 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops and as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
- Conducting scientific fertilizer trials with local and regional agricultural research organizations in order to establish new information on the fertilizer effectiveness.
- Interpret soil analyses reports and offer appropriate fertilizer recommendations.
- Provide technical support to commercial farms on soil sampling, soil analysis, fertilizer recommendation and general soil health programs to maximize crop yield and quality.
- Consolidate fertilizer demonstration results data across the various crops and regions.
- Demonstrate the application of agronomic knowledge in practical field situations and use it to support the local sales teams.
- Provide key technical support to the sales team through field trainings and practicals.
- Train various stakeholders involved in agricultural extension activities on the value of balanced crop nutrition.
- University degree in Agronomy or related field.
- Minimum of 7- years relevant experience in agronomy and commercial oriented organization.
- Has a sound working knowledge of the major local crops, cropping practices and crop economics.
- Has a good working knowledge of the relevant local or regional fertilizer and environmental regulations and legislation.
- Has expert working knowledge of the major local crops, cropping practices, cycles and crop economics .
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Yara International career website on jobs.yara.com to apply