The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
University Degree in Civil, or Building and Construction, or Water, or related Engineering field.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Four years’ experience implementing civil engineering/building and WASH construction activities in a relief setting, remote locations/areas or ASAL areas.
- Proven experience implementing Civil/Building and WASH construction activities in both healthcare and community settings.
- Proven practical experience tender adjudication, contractor supervision, and general construction contract management.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in partnership management, external engagement ad representation skills.
- Experience with appropriate technologies, innovation, good engineering analysis, andjudgment
- Computer literate (good application of word processors, spreadsheet, database, outlook, Engineering CAD software applications – at least either ACAD or ArchiCAD)
- Cultural and diversity sensitivity, commitment and an understanding of the values of IRC and the principles of equal opportunities.
- Comfortable to work in a remote environment
- Ability to work and adapt under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on rescue.csod.com to apply