With a network of 40 well-equipped fitment centres in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, AutoXpress is the market leader in the auto parts and accessories business in East Africa with the largest chain of auto parts sales and fitment centres in the African continent outside the Republic of South Africa. It represents some of the best-known global brands in the automotive sector ranging from Pirelli, Bridgestone and Goodyear in the tyre sector to Bosch and Champion in the auto parts and service sector.
They have recently expanded the range of products and services that they offer to their customers by introducing car servicing and brakes replacement in addition to products and services that they have traditionally offered like tyres, batteries, wheels, shock absorbers, coil springs, lubricants, car accessories, computerized vehicle diagnostics, wheel alignment and wheel balancing.
While AutoXpress has grown tremendously over the last 60 years, their core values remain close to their heart and continue to form the foundation on which they conduct their business.
Reporting to the Head, ICT, the Database Administrator & Report Writer (DBA/RW) is responsible for;
- Modify and maintain existing databases and relational database management systems (RDBMS) with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later to industry standards and best practices.
- Database administration and security management
- Create and maintain routines for database backups and test restores with full documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve database performance, replication, and security issues
- Design, implement and administer High-Availability, Disaster Recovery (HADR) configurations across the WAN.
- Participate in implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans and testing
- Design, develop, publish, and maintain management dashboards and SSRS reporting solutions
- Work directly with decision-makers and end-users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements
- Utilizing a helpdesk tracking system, documents timely status and completion of requested reports and projects.
- Work as an integral member of the IT team to support the efficient and effective management of data throughout AutoXpress
- Performing day-to-day system management and support functions; developing reports requirements, systems implementation and deployment, systems support, helpdesk call logs.
- Reporting to management on the impact, effectiveness and utilization of the company’s systems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
- A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or another relevant field.
- Database certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Database Administrator are desirable
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience as a Database Administrator.
- Excellent design skills; conceptualize complex data flows/transformations and implement them using ETL tools (SSIS)
- Proven experience with either SSRS, Crystal Reports, and technical requirements analysis
- Systems development knowledge and/or experience and/or network administration experience are an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AutoXpress Ltd career website on www.linkedin.com to apply