Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The ideal candidate will be required to lead a centralised commercial team that will drive execution of commercial actions that will transform Kenya Airways commercial policies, Global sales and account partnerships into relevant, simple and adaptable relationships that will ensure Kenya Airways grows revenues and share of wallet in global sales portfolios, is customer focussed, efficient and cost effective in a dynamic and highly competitive business environment.
Key duties and responsibilities include;
- Drive transformation of commercial policies to ensure they are relevant, simple, adaptable and supportive of Commercial revenue and cost reduction strategies.
- To report on currency of and adherence to commercial policies across all global markets where KQ tickets are distributed.
- Drive performance management and centralization of GSA (General Sales Agents) management globally in order to ensure revenue maximization and cost efficiency when third party sales organizations are used by Kenya airways.
- To drive sales across all Global and local online Travel agents.
- To ensure constant monitoring of KQ.com against relevant online travel agencies in all global territories to ensure competitiveness of KQ.com in the online space.
- Drive implementation of an effective B2B engagement solution for non-IATA travel agents complete with commercial persuasion initiatives, easy enrolment and reconciliation procedures in order to grow revenues from this segment.
- Drive effective relationships, sales and servicing actions amongst Global corporate accounts in order to increase revenue, share of wallet and stay relevant in a dynamic and highly competitive market.
- Timely reporting on all global sales KPIs and project implementations.
- Drive team transformation, development, empowerment, collaboration and growth.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a commercial aviation organization.
- 2 years’ experience in commercial sales management preferably in a network carrier will be an added advantage.
- Advanced user in MS office and Internet.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Needs to demonstrate knowledge of airline commercial policies, sales strategy and distribution systems.
- Must have strong strategy, problem solving, decision taking, negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
Method of Application
If interested in this role, kindly submit your application online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Airways career website on kenyaairways.taleo.net to apply