The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water related equipment in the East African region. Founded in 1946, business activities are focused on seven principal product sectors - Water Pumps, Boreholes, Swimming Pools, Water Treatment, Generators, Solar Equipment and Irrigation. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC, Zimbabwe and a partnership in Ethiopia.
As part of its CSR activities Davis & Shirtliff offers training attachment to deserving students in institution of higher learning. Every year however we receive an overwhelming number of applications for Training Attachment. While the company has no objection to assisting students where possible, selection under our on-going Industrial Attachment Programme is guided strictly by our laid down policies, and the following notes are issued for guidance of applicants.
Our IT attachment program is designed for ongoing students on holiday breaks and as such run for three months. Prospective applicants must clearly stipulate which of the periods listed below best suite them.
Third Recruitment 2019 - October, November and December
Competition for training places is stiff and it is in the applicant’s interest to ensure that the requirements specified are abided by, to facilitate consideration and processing of applications.
- Only 3rd and 4th year or higher-level University/Colleges students need apply for training.
- Training must be authorized and approved by the Institution with whom the applicant is taking the course.
- A letter of introduction from the Institution must be attached with all applications. The letter should state or certify the following: -
- That the named applicant is pursuing a prescribed course (state course) of study at the institution.
- That the student will be covered by a Public Liability Policy through the institute for the period of training. The policy should cover against Third Party claims (property damage and bodily injury or death) arising while the student is on attachment.
- That the students will abide by all the rules of the Company.
- Indicate the period of training with dates for which the student is applying. In case where the institute does not provide insurance cover, the student will be required to personally acquire a suitable policy covering the period of training.
- Submit details of any previous training with the company or any other firms.
- Provide full details of academic achievements and enclose transcripts for years completed.
- Provide references if any.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome or progress by e-mail, the decision being final, and no further correspondence will be entered into. Personal visits are not encouraged unless specifically invited for interviews. In special circumstances students may be selected for repeat attachment.
- Attachment will be offered only once for a particular course but in very exceptional circumstances outstanding students will be given another chance in the duration of that course.
- Students must ensure that the correct address, day telephone number and e-mail for correspondence are indicated on the application.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply clearly stating the recruitment period that suits you e.g. Third Recruitment 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Davis & Shirtliff Group career website on www.davisandshirtliff.com to apply