Reporting to the Senior Administration Officer, the job holder is responsible for effective and efficient driving of the Commission vehicles, carrying out routine checks on vehicles coupled with detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems.
- Driving the vehicle as authorized and maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned to him/her;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle assigned, on and off the road;
- Ensuring cleanliness of the assigned vehicles and that the vehicles are maintained on timely basis;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles i.e. cooling system, electrical system, tyre pressure, brakes, etc;
- Ensuring the safety of their passengers and any Commission property;
- Monitoring and reporting insurance expiry periods;
- Preparing weekly and monthly vehicle utilization reports;
- Monitoring maintenance schedules and repair requirements and reporting defects;
- Load vehicles with materials, deliver and pick material from designated areas; and
- Perform other miscellaneous duties assigned.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- O Level/KCSE Certificate or its equivalent;
- Current driving license free from any adverse endorsements and valid for vehicles groups B, C & E;
- Current certificate of good conduct;
- Satisfactory record of continuous service as a driver for a minimum period of five (5) years in a busy environment;
- Sound mechanical knowledge of vehicles (preferably supported by documents) will be an added advantage;
- Passed occupational test for drivers;
- Full knowledge of the Highway Code; and
- Be available to work beyond regular office hours and to travel for extended periods outside designated work station.
- Conversant with modern motor vehicles’ technologies;
- Training in First aid and safety; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Terms Of Service & Remuneration
The appointment will be on permanent terms of employment. An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant.
Duly completed application should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) referees, mobile telephone contact, copies of National Identity Card, relevant certificates, details of current employer and position held, current and expected salary and other testimonials.
Shortlisted applicants Must get clearance from the following bodies.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
- Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC);
- Valid Certificate (not report) from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Applications clearly citing the position should be sent to:
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Extelcoms House, 11th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on the 25th November, 2019.
Privatization Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.