Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Responsible for overall Cargo security to implement, enforce and coordinate security systems and procedures for Kenya Airways termini, freighters, cargo, mail and Courier Shipments networkwide, in order to meet objectives of Kenya Airways and the requirements of KCAA and International Aviation Regulations.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Oversee implementation of procedures for the security of freighter both during overnight stay and turn around to ensure nil illegal access into the aircraft.
- Develop and ensure implementation of procedures and processes to ensure no illegal or prohibited items are carried on board KQ flights and customer freighters networkwide.
- Develop and ensure implementation of procedures and processes to ensure security of cargo, security of premises, property and personnel in off airport locations.
- Implement effective coordination of cargo warehouse security operations to ensure nil security lapses.
- Develop and ensure implementation of procedures for effective screening and secure storage of cargo, courier and mail during handling.
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure no unauthorized access into cargo terminal and airside.
- Ensure availability of cargo terminal access passes at all times.
- Be responsible for full compliance to cargo security SLAs by cargo handlers.
- Maintain cordial and effective liaison with both internal and external stakeholders in managing hub security issues.
- Continuously assess risks and threats to hub security operations and implement mitigating action.
- Coordinate gathering of intelligence on acts of unlawful interference against cargo operations and analyse collect data and initiate counter measures.
- Ensure speedy preliminary investigation on all reported incidents and onward forwarding to Investigations Team.
- Ensure compliance with IATA ground operations and safety standards, Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure security inspection and tests are regularly conducted to ensure that cargo, mail and courier security standards are adhered to.
- Support routine monitoring of safety and quality management of critical activities and ensure ongoing conformity to safety standards.
- Prepare, monitor and control the security budget for areas that fall under him to ensure effective cost control.
- Ensure effective coordination at Cargo Ramp security staff for maximum output.
- Manage cargo operational security staff HR issues in relation to trainings, leave and performance review.
- Ensure proper utilization and maintenance of security/office equipment to achieve cost effective operations.
- Ensure that the company meets its contract obligation with regards to customer airlines being provided with security services by Kenya Airways security.
- Degree or diploma (equivalent) in security related field.
- 7 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in Security Management position.
- Aviation security courses
- Quality Management Systems certifications
- AVSEC Trainer of Trainers certification
- Screeners’ Certification
Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Airways career website on kenyaairways.taleo.net to apply