Salary: KES 1,660,000 Gross per annum
Contract type: Fixed Term
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Start date: Earliest possible.
The purpose of the post is to provide leadership and management in the implementation of Access to Quality Education and Transition for C&AWDs project and contribute in realization of IE programme’s team objectives; Providing staff and volunteers’ duty of care, strengthening partnerships and programme networks, effective delivery of IE signature programme strategy and improved documentation of proven practices and knowledge sharing
- Coordinate all project activities, monitoring and evaluation, project reporting, and dissemination of reports as appropriate.
- Lead in documentation and dissemination of change stories and knowledge products deduced from project implementation and learning
- Lead in identifying, assessing and building capacity of local implementing partners in target areas
- Engage in lobbying and advocacy with relevant Civil Society Organisations at micro, meso and macro level in influencing development and implementation of government policies necessary in enhancing access to quality and inclusive basic education
- Support administrative work of the project by providing logistical support to planning, training and review of workshops, conferences; and ensure invitations, follow-up, liaisons with relevant partners, volunteers, VSO Kenya staff and resource personnel are done.
- Support regular updates to partners and volunteers enquiries relating to the administrative matters of the Project.
- Ensure proper budgeting, timely budget tracking and check compliance to financial management policies and donor requirements through out project period
- Work cooperatively as a member of the Inclusive Education programme and support in signature programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide duty of care for all staff and volunteers in the project in collaboration with IE programme manager
- Manage the projects safeguarding caseloads with support from the Head of People and Operations
- Establish and strengthen partnerships relevant to realization of project/programme objectives
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Programme Manager.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Education degree with specialisation in Special Needs or inclusive education; further qualification in development, project management or related area would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience including the formulation, implementation and review of development strategies and effective project management
- Experience in developing and implementing advocacy and campaign strategies
- Experience working with children and youth with disabilities, and their families in education or livelihood initiatives or successful work with persons with disabilities.
- Evidence of having managed Child protection and Safeguarding caseload DESIRED
- Knowledge on disability rights and inclusion practices
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organisational skills
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.