Samaritan’s Purse aircraft, currently based in Entebbe, Uganda (with some maintenance in Eldoret, Kenya) provide support to our work in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and other countries. The four planes are a World War II-era DC-3, a King Air B200, and two Cessna 208B Grand Caravans. Each month, they fly about 200 hours and haul 30 tons of vital supplies.
Pilots may be assigned to more than one aircraft type. Additionally, for programs such as East Africa, current base location(s) should not be assumed to be final; flexibility may be required.
- Performs pilot duties, including filing flight plans, obtaining weather data and interpreting the information for flights, completing aircraft weight and balances for flights, loading and unloading passenger luggage and cargo.
- Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
- Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight.
- Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of SP hangar and property.
- Performs pre-flights and post-flights to ensure safety of flight.
- Works with the FAA as assigned.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
- Aircrew should expect to overnight away from home base approximately 35% of the time and up to 30 days at a time when a humanitarian crisis arises.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- 2,000 hours flight time
- First Class Medical
- Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Cross-Country Time/Night Flight time/Instrument time
Location: Entebbe, Uganda
Full Benefit Package Including
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Samaritans Purse career website on sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply