ALS Ltd is the leading General Aviation Company situated at Wilson Airport. It provides Aircraft with crew, maintenance and support for various operations within Africa, the Middle East and Offshore Islands. We have immediate vacancy for the position below;
(JOB REF: CP-HR-11-2019)
Reports to; The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) through the Head of Operations
Role Purpose; The Chief Pilot is responsible for the coordination and control of all flight crewmembers and for the safe, legal and efficient operation of ALS aircraft.
- He is overall in charge of pilots and Cabin Crew.
- He will exercise control over discipline and deportment of flight crewmembers.
- He will be responsible for ensuring the optimum utilization of flight crew to meet Company operational requirements.
- He will liaise with the Head of Training and the Head of Operations to ensure that all flight crewmembers comply with the respective requirements of the Kenyan Civil Aviation Regulations.
- He is responsible together with the Head of Training and the Head of Operations for the flight crew training.
- He will ensure that all proficiency checks, current/recurrent checks and training, as well as instrument rating renewals are carried out.
- He will keep a record of crew licenses, movements, passports, and vaccinations.
- The Chief Pilot must regularly check the knowledge of all flight crew regarding emergency Procedures.
- He is to advise the Head of Operations on crew requirements.
- He is to ensure compliance with flight efficiency and ALS Safety and Security systems and to ensure that all crew hold valid qualifications and appraise the crew for purposes of trainıng and promotion.
- He is to be aware of ALS Ltd Safety and Security procedures and to implement them.
- In the absence of the Chief Pilot, his regulatory duties and responsibilities will be delegated to the Head of Operations in writing. He will be required to perform any other duties assigned to him by the Head of Operations and/or the CEO.
The Chief Pilot shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An Airline Transport Pilot License with the appropriate ratings for the largest type of aircraft used in the ALS operations; THE EMBRAER 145. NB// The Company may consider offering suitable candidate the Embraer 145 Type Rating in accordance with the Company Policy.
- Three years' experience as Pilot-In-Command in commercial air transport
- A Commercial Pilot Licence with instrument rating in lieu of the Airline Transport Pilot Lincense
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements of the above positions and are looking for an exciting career, please send your application (comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in word format, Complete KCAA flying hours Summary Form), with the email subject as the job reference CP-HR-11-2019. The application should be sent to the following addresses;
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER ALS Limited P.O. Box 41937 – 00100 -NAIROBI E-mail address: email@example.com so as to reach not later than November 14, 2019.
All applicants MUST also send a copy of their application to: The Director General, KCAA, P.O. Box 30163, 00100, NAIROBI.