PwC is one of Kenya's leading professional services firms focused on providing audit and assurance, advisory and tax services. Our primary strategic goal is to create value for our clients and deliver a competitive advantage to their operations.
Our blend of international and Kenyan expertise is fundamental to the high quality of advice and assistance that we offer. As elsewhere in the world, PwC in Kenya uses the benefit of its hands-on experience to provide a strong level of local understanding and support, in accordance with the international professional standards of the PricewaterhouseCoopers worldwide organisation.
Job Description & Summary
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Risk & Quality Senior Manager in our Country Risk and Quality (R&Q) Team who will support the Country Risk and Quality Partner in relation to firm wide Risk and Quality Standards and Network standards. The successful candidate will manage a small team of Risk and Quality staff.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide support to the Country Risk Management Partner on the Risk Management function and ensure compliance with the Global Risk Management Standard.
- Provide oversight on the drafting and monitoring of annual Risk and Quality Action Plans.
- Develop local Risk and Quality strategy and ensure execution
- Oversee maintenance of the Business Continuity Management System
- Oversee maintenance of the Information Security Management System
- Ensure full compliance of the applicable Capital Market Authority regulations.
- Advise leadership on various risk management issues in order to protect the firm’s brand.
- Identify knowledge gaps and execute Risk and Quality training and communication accordingly.
- Create a risk awareness and culture within the firm
- Liaise with the Africa Risk and Quality regional team as necessary.
- Manage adhoc projects as and when required
The successful candidate will be required to have the following demonstrable skills and competencies:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, 1T or Law
- Certificate or/ Diploma in Risk Management, Business Continuity, Information Security, Law
- Minimum 6 years professional experience in Risk management or Legal or Ethics or AML or Internal audit or any compliance role.
- Proven ability to facilitate classroom-based training.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Proven administrative experience and excellent organizational skills combined with the ability to develop improve and maintain administrative systems
- Proven ability in project management and the ability to think proactively.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships with others – at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to organize multi-task, prioritize and delegate appropriately.
- Proven ability to deliver results on time when under pressure.
- Proven outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage teams
- Proven ability to work independently
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree – Finance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) career website on pwc.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply