Primary function: Provide support in the implementation of the department’s policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
Responsible for systems administration with a focus on applications and end user support and maintenance of computer hardware and software. This will comprise CDSC’s networks, including deployment, configuration, and maintenance and monitoring of the network equipment.
- BUSINESS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS
- Schedule and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
- Plan for and respond to systems outages and other related problems.
- Maintain major multiuser computer systems via adding and configuring new workstations, setting up and administering user accounts, installing system wide software, prevent/detect/correct spread of viruses, allocate mass storage.
- Analyze application and system performance and ensure that end-users are provided with
- necessary support.
- Map requirements to existing solutions and identify gaps; provide management with necessary feedback and recommend solutions to address critical gaps.
- Monitor system resources including server and end user PC CPU usage and ensure there are sufficient computer resources to support CDSC’s needs and requirements.
- Propose and follow through suggestions on new systems and improvements.
- Ensure compliance in creation and administration of users in the ICT systems.
- Provide end-user technical support.
- NETWORK & COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION
- Configure, manage and administer the Wide Area Network (WAN) setup and Local Area Network (LAN) setup.
- Manage network directory services, including configuration of user identification, authentication and authorization.
- Maintain, administer and secure network servers.
Maintain and administer CDSC’s network printers, ensuring access for authorized users & unavailability for unauthorized users.
- Conducts network installations/upgrades/changes and performs necessary maintenance activities on the same.
- Performs network performance, capacity monitoring and variability management
- Advises superiors on the rate of network usage, connectivity speed and upgrade requirements and technical/security threats, and provides recommendations on the same.
- Provide help desk and end user support across all functions, including applications, security, hardware and networks. This includes troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
- HARDWARE ADMINISTRATION
- Conduct hardware checks to ensure optimal performance and notify relevant stakeholders of any issues.
- Schedule and implement regular preventive maintenance on hardware such as network printers, end user terminals, network components and servers.
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: none
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)