Toyota Kenya Limited is the sole distributor and service provider of Toyota, Yamaha, Hino and Case IH brands in Kenya. Our Head Office is in Nairobi and we have branches in Mombasa, Eldoret, Kisumu and Lodwar. We also have regional dealer representation in Nyeri, Nanyuki, Nakuru, Kericho, Meru, Kitale, Kakamega, Naivasha, Malindi and Voi. TKL is owned 100% by Toyota Tshusho Corporation [TTC]; the trading arm of Toyota Motor Group [TMC].
Division: HR & General Affairs
Reports to: Manager, General Administration
Work station: Head Quarters
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for provision of administrative support to the Administration Department to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in service delivery to customers.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Liaison with the Facilities Management teams including monthly status meetings
- Ensure the general ambience of the office is maintained at an acceptable level as per the cleaning benchmarks set
- Supervision of approved maintenance works
- Ensure facilities preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Provide daily support to outsourced service providers including G4S to ensure efficiency in dissemination of services in all departments.
- Renewal of seasonal parking tickets
- Approval of vehicle for staff use
- Organise for annual inspection licences and other vehicular licences
- Fuel (fleet, open fuel cards and generators) and vehicle maintenance reporting
- Vehicle usage reports derived from tracking devices report
- Fleet maintenance reporting
- Valuation of company vehicles for insurance and disposal
- Prepare a list for disposal and submit to the team leaders for approval before disposal of any old documents.
- Transfer of ownership after disposal of units
- Regular update of the Company vehicle list
- Analysis and approval of utility bills – electricity and water
- Analysis and approval of company vehicles fuel and maintenance
- Submission of respective invoices for payment
- Business Licensing
- Procurement of all required trading licenses
- Payment of land rents and rates
- Payment of KEBS levy and KAM subscription
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Degree in Business from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Office Administration
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- Two (2) years of relevant experience from a recognized organization.
- Administration and Switchboard teams
- All Staff members
- Lands Office
- County Government
- Utilities companies
- Computer Literacy
- Knowledge on the current Facilities Management trends in the market
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Innovation – Ability to come up with new and better ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Time management – Ability to use time effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to build rapport and constructive and effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Customer focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationship with both internal and external customers, to gain their trust and respect
- Ethics and values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs, and in alignment with the TKEN values
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 22nd November 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Administrative Assistant – Facilities as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer