Samsung, South Korean company that is one of the world's largest producers of electronic devices. Samsung specializes in the production of a wide variety of consumer and industry electronics, including appliances, digital media devices, semiconductors, memory chips, and integrated systems.
To develop and implement Samsung Electronics East Africa (SEEA) HR strategies through building partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders for initiatives such as i.e. world class compensation & benefits, drive Employee engagement & maintain a healthy working environment, oversee efficient & customer oriented delivery of standardized HR services.
% of Time
Defining short-term and long-terms strategies for the division in line with the overall HR strategy.
Fully responsible for the strict compliance with the set manning guides on headcount and salaries.
- Lead and coordinate the operation of the HR Operations function to ensure a professional and efficient advisory service for all employees.
- Provide expert employee relations guidance and ensure adherence to employment law and best practice in all jurisdictions.
- Drive the cultures of “Work Smart”, “Think Hard” and “Build Trust” throughout Samsung Electronics East Africa (SEEA).
- Coordinate with the HR Compensation & Benefits and Finance Functions to ensure timely submission of monthly payroll data including overtime, incentives, pension etc.
- Take action to ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant and communicate effectively throughout the business.
- Develop and ensure that the relevant security policies and procedures are in place at all times throughout SEEA.
- Develop and ensure that the relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures are in place for all employees and visitors are maintained.
- Develop and constantly review measures that ensure relevant business risks SEEA may face are implemented that can minimize their occurrence or impact.
- Ensure implementation of all Employee Relations activities within approved budget and timelines.
Policies and Processes
- Drive policies and processes compliance in liaison with respective departments
- Lead the implementation of the new HR Services – process improvements, HR automation etc.
- Provide reports as per SEEA, ARHQ and HQ requests – weekly, monthly and ad hoc
Direct Reports to this Position
- Compensation and Benefits
- HR Assistant-Intern
- Compensation and Benefits budget
- Office supplies and Consumables budget
- Facilities and Fleet Management budget
Customers of this Position
- Leadership team
- All Countries and departments within SEEA
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- 6+ years’ experience in Talent & Organization Development
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/Social Sciences Discipline
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- MBA or Masters in a Social Discipline -Prefferably
- Policies and procedures in Human resource and social discipline management
- Business processes, objectives and strategies
Competencies required for this Role
- Drive for Results- Leader of managers
- Creative intelligence- Leader of managers
- Navigating organizations- Leader of managers
- Building Best teams- Leader of managers
- Inspiring others- Leader of managers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Samsung Electronics career website on www.linkedin.com to apply