Introduction...Reporting to the Assistant Claims Manager - General Insurance, the role will entail processing claims in an expeditious and professional manner thereby meeting the customer’s expectations and the overall departmental objectives.
- 1-2 years’ experience
Skills and Competencies
- Computer skills
- Good Customer service
- Good Analytical Skills
- Records, registers and posts new claims and processes them within the set standards to ensure quality customer service is given.
- Set initial reserves for new claims and recommend reserve changes
- Close files as payment/recoveries are made
- Evaluate preliminary claim information and revert to broker or insured for more information where necessary to ensure that the correct information is documented for ease in processing the claim.
- Cross checks claim details (claim form) and other claim documents with policy specimen copies to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate to the customers through claim acknowledgement, update to intermediary/insured/claimant on claim status.
- Liaise with underwriting department by notifying them on risk improvement issues noted as well as reviewing of policy wordings on areas that need change in the policies.
- Assist in the determination of settlement amount and issue discharge vouchers for fully documented claims under instructions from claims manager/supervisor.
- Track claims by regularly updating the claims register to determine progress of the claim.
- Raise and record payment requisition vouchers, forwarding the requisitions to finance department and tracking the file to ensure that the cheque/credit note is received back for dispatch to the claimant within the stipulated period.
- Attend to reinsurance aspects of claims by ensuring that treaty and facultative reinsurers are advised of new claims affecting them, are regularly updated on the progress, and that recoveries are made on all matters.
- Promptly attend to customers complaints and inquiries