The Finance Officer will be responsible for day-to-day finance management; review, & reconciliation of general ledger, accounts payable & receivable, and cash management activities; payroll processing, and ensuring accurate data capture in the system.
S/He working closely with Shared Service Centre (SSC) will ensure that all invoices are booked on a timely basis and that the payments effected. The Finance Officer will be responsible for forecasting cash needs, performing treasury transfers. This position will also be responsible for coordinating all audits for the Nairobi Shared Services Unit.
Job Responsibility # 1: Accounts Payable/Global AP Process Support & Implementation 30 %
The Finance Officer plays a key role to ensure that Global AP Process is working smoothly through quality and timely information.
- Review all supporting documents, scan and send the documents to SSC for AP processing. Ensure supporting documents are accurate; entries are done correctly to the appropriate account codes and other chart fields.
- Manage Pay cycle process twice a week,
- Provide guidance to staff and budget holders where coding is not done well and recommend for adjustments accordingly where necessary to comply with donor requirements or accounting standards and organization policies.
- Withholding Tax management
Job Responsibility #2: General Ledger and Balance Sheet Management: 20%
Data Processing and Accounting Systems Implementation:
- Process journal entries and seek approval as per the required approval limits.
- On a monthly basis review all transactions and reconcile the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to the General ledger.
- Review the monthly Financial Reporting and Analysis reports per the reporting calendar and submit to the Finance & operations manager for review,
- Follow up any exceptions identified during the analysis and resolve them or refer to the Finance & Operations Manager where guidance is required
Job Responsibility # 3: Treasury Management: 15%
- Forecast cash needs reviewing all cash projections from budget holders, ensure all projections are prepared times on a quarterly basis. Set and maintain optimal country office cash balance to ensure liquidity
- Provide input to projections required by donors for grants with this specific need. Local bank account management. Coordinate with the Regional Business Analyst to when billing donors.
- Ensure payments to vendors are made in a timely manner within a reasonable lead time
- Follow up and collect all receivables including donor, staff and other miscellaneous receivables.
Job Responsibility # 4 Payroll Management 25%
- Ensure employee payroll data integrity through implementation of controls.
- Timely, accurate and efficient payroll management for Regional Office
- Prepare and ensure complete and accurate compensation data to have an efficient, effective, complete and accurate monthly payroll process.
- Ensure that the monthly statutory payments (PAYE, NHIF, NSSF and pension and that a copy of the payment acknowledgement is filed –) are done on time with proper supporting documents
- Process all accruals; gratuity, Bonus, leave.
- Manage monthly PARs and ensure they are reconciled with leave records
- Process any other payroll related payments on timely manner (Separation and Bonus)
- Process monthly payments for temporary/Casual staff and Interns in a timely manner.
- Distribute pays lips to staff on a timely basis.
- Distribute P9 forms when required.
- Process reconciliation of international staff taxation on a timely basis.
Job Responsibility # 5 Accounts Reconciliation: 10% .
- Review the special accruals data before upload in the system to confirm correct charging to the donors.
- Review the Income Information Reports (IIR) on a monthly basis before submission to HQ.
- Review the quarterly asset reconciliations between the system and assets register and advice on adjustments where necessary. Review asset depreciation on quarterly basis and recommend corrections where necessary.
- Other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
Customer Focus - Internal & External; Problem Solving; Functional technical skills; Planning; Informing; Managing and Measuring Work; Process Management; Written communication.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or finance management
- 5 years or more of experience in a similar position
- Must be a member of a professional body, ICPAK/ACCA or equivalent in good standing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including and good skills in using ERP - financial software applications knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of developments and following discussion with the post holder
can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary requirements, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 24th 2019.We do require that you have the legal ability to work in Kenya, as well as the necessary experience for this position. While we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply