REPORTING LINE: Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Manager
TRAVEL UP TO:10% – mainly within Nairobi
WORKPLACE: Text Book Center HQ, Kijabe Street, Nairobi
Text Book Centre is 55 years old and we aim at continuing to enrich people’s minds for another 55 years and more…
We will endure by reinventing ourselves, by striving to satisfy our customers and delight our consumers, and by remaining true to our mission and values. Therefore, we are looking for a Process Improvement Lead who will guide us to reinvent our operations.
As the Process Improvement Lead, your goal will be to map, review our current operations in order to automate, digitize and standardize 80% of our processes. You will also be responsible for guiding and mentoring teams in Lean Thinking and Continuous Improvement activities.
The ideal candidate should have a fundamental understanding of Lean Six Sigma and the ability to grow others by coaching and mentoring them. You’ll map, design and implement innovative processes and procedures that will foster improvement of the logistics and operations across the company and optimize operational results.
You’ll implement our process methodology framework and educate staff on continuous improvement methodologies for process and performance assessment and analyze performance data for the purpose of driving key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Constructively questions status quo and be the change agent that challenges existing processes to reduce or eliminate waste and increase value-add to our customers
- Works with the teams across the organization and helps to manage a Continuous Improvement Plan in order to improve the operational performance metrics
- Provides technical and analytical support for process improvement initiatives
- Develops process analysis and re-engineering to improve efficiency, accelerate operations and lower costs
- Monitor and report on operations performance metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions, in a timely manner with data integrity
- Works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and develop continuous improvement opportunities and best practices
- Review current reports and present recommendations on alternative and/or incremental automated reports to improve visibility, efficiency, cost improvement, workflow management and communication
- Perform project management, analytics, and measure to ensure milestones are met and deliverables achieved
- Develops training modules regarding administrative and operational Lean tools
- Drive the implementation of Lean Standard Work by disseminating Lean Standard Work principles across teams (PDCA methodology, root cause analysis, problem solving)
- Train, coach and guide the team in implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Master degree in Logistics, Operations, Engineering, or equivalent through experience
- 5+ years of Lean and Project Management experience, preferably in an omnichannel retail environment, at least Green Belt certified including minimum 3 years’ experience in coaching and mentoring Lean
- Problem Solving training (Six sigma, DMAIC, etc)
- Experience in project management techniques and knowledge of project management methodologies (Prince 2 or PMP certification is a plus)
- Experience in creating training programs and managing training curriculum
- Detailed understanding of supply chain management in an omnichannel retail format with key focus on procurement, warehousing and transportation
- Knowledge of current retail industry best practices in supply chain management to support process improvement through LEAN distribution principles
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships, engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Analytical thinking and the ability to break down the components but still be able to see the bigger picture
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Please submit a letter of interest with your resume clearly indicating “Process Improvement Lead” as email subject to below email address on or before 21st March 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package.