The Standard group comprises The Standard newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of Occupational Safety and Health Officer.
Read more about this company
Successful candidates will responsible for designing, development and rollout of ICT solutions to support the business core processes and operations. The developers will be assigned to different projects for the duration of the contract. The project tasks will involve working closely with a team of functional users and consultants in gathering and documenting requirements for business solutions, designing, developing or rolling out of the solutions in accordance to business requirements. The role is also responsible for maintenance and enhancement of existing solutions as well as providing first level support for the deployed solutions.
- Gather, analyze and document business requirements for ICT solutions
- Designing, development, testing and rollout of ICT business solutions
- Maintaining and enhancing existing business solutions and processes
- Development and implementation of required changes in accordance with set out change management process and procedures.
- Provide training, technical support and assistance to business users in core operational areas.
- Prepares and maintains technical program documentation including specifications, test conditions, test plans, and test data.
- Advising the business on ICT solutions and products, process improvements, technologies and general operational matters
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in IT-related field from a recognized university
- At least 2 years’ development experience
- Knowledge and proficiency in Web applications development and integration
- Experience in Linux administration and applications
- Database design and development in MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase etc.
- Advanced SQL programming
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and APIs
- Certification in Software Development and ITIL will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
go to method of application »
REPORTING TO HEAD OF NEWS
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a strategic role responsible for fully optimizing our social media platforms with the right content. The objective is to engage, grow and attract audiences to our digital, print and broadcast brands.
- Creatively promote audience conversations on Standard Group social media platforms.
- Manage a team of social media journalists and ensure they share content that is accurate and with no errors.
- Promote the use of social media tools and analytics across the Standard Group newsroom.
- Monitor social media spaces where audiences consume content and implement strategies that will attract and keep users on our accounts.
- Monitor web and social media platforms for User Generated Content and feedback findings to the newsroom.
- Work closely with editors, journalists, TV anchors, radio presenters, etc to implement the best practices in social media and grow audiences on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Interact with online users in the name of Standard and answer sensible questions that arise on social media (e.g. mistakes on Standard sites, print editions, TV or radio, critics, etc.) while referring sensitive questions or complaints to the appropriate Editor.
- Train journalists on how to use social media, promote content on social media, tips to increase traffic and engagement on the different products.
- Monitor the emergence of new social media platforms and assesses each platform’s potential value to the Standard Group and makes recommendations which to test, in conjunction with the Digital Desk.
- Participate in hiring, transferring, appraising, suspending, promoting, rewarding, disciplining and handling grievances of employees in the department.
- Ensure that Performance Management process is embraced and continuously being carried out within the departments for effective and efficient service with a view to achieve overall company business goals in line with the Company’s Business Plan
- Ensure that all staff in the Section adheres to the set Company work ethics and discipline for efficient workflow and profitability
- Contribute as a member of the management team to formulate policy, development and implementation of operational policies for the achievement of the corporate plans as stipulated in the Company Business Strategy.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media, Journalism or related discipline; an advanced degree in digital journalism will be an added advantage.
5 years’ relevant experience with a bias in digital media.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Natural leader with ability to build strong relationships across functional teams and gain the respect of each.
- In depth knowledge of current affairs and media trends.
- Ability to leverage existing and developing future strong relationships within the media industry.
- Solid track record of developing and executing processes/workflows which editorial strategy and revenue growth.
- Proven verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams crucial.
- Ability to understand long term effects on the organization.
- Must understand function/discipline planning requirements.
- Contributes to policy making decisions impacting the whole organization
- Ability to make decisions under situations of uncertainty
go to method of application »
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Head of Audit, the incumbent will be responsible for undertaking independent, value -adding and objective audits aimed at improving operational efficiency and internal controls;
- Plan, execute and manage assigned risk based audit engagements.
- Execute risk based internal audits in accordance with the approved audit plan to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of established internal controls and procedures.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with business unit managers and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
- Lead follow up audits and monitor the timely implementation of the management actions agreed in the audit reports.
- Facilitate Ad-Hoc investigations and reviews as requested by Senior Management, Finance or Audit committee.
- Identify key areas of risk within the Group and maintain a comprehensive risk register.
- Liaise with staff, external auditors, administrators, and law enforcement officials on internal control issues.
- Assist in development of internal control culture including training staff around controls.
- Prepare quarterly board papers for the board audit committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business, Commerce or a related field from a recognized university.
- Professional certification in either ACCA, CPA, CIA or CISA.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in comparable relevant position in a reputable organization
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Auditing, Quality Management, Surveys, Analyzing Information, Statistical Analysis & Reporting.
- Demonstrate a high degree of competence and capabilities in internal audit in a busy environment.
- Proficient in computer applications; strong emphasis on data and working in computerized environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and interpersonal.
- Hands On-Experience in ACL GRC (Audit Management & Analytics) will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.