AFIDEP is looking to recruit an Intern to support the Partnerships and Resource mobilization (P&RM) Team. The P&RM Team’s primary objective is to implement the Institute’s Resource mobilization and Donor Engagement Strategy to enhance the effectiveness of the resource mobilizations and grants management functions of the Institute. This role offers a good opportunity to immerse oneself in development fundraising, research and policy engagement.
Key duties and responsibilities
Support resource mobilizations, partnerships and proposal development by:
- Researching and identifying potential funders and partners and updating the history maps
- Scanning for relevant calls for proposals, concepts notes etc
- Supporting proposal development (background research, collating project information, organizational information, customizing CVs to calls etc
- Supporting registration to funders online platforms
- Supporting engagement with funders and partners
- Populating partnership assessment and due diligence templates
- Supporting planning and participating in events and meetings relevant to resource mobilizations and partnerships building
- Supporting monitoring of impact and reporting
- Other related administrative tasks as required
The Intern will report to the Partnerships and Resource mobilization Officer and will also work closely with the Programmes and Communications Teams.
AFIDEP provides a stipend for interns.
The position is full time and is expected to start as soon as possible. This is a short-term intern position for an initial three months with possibility of extension to six months. The position is located at the Nairobi, Kenya Office.
Education, Essential skills and Experience
- At minimum a Master’s degree in International Development, Information Technology, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, International Relations or Business Management
- Strong written and oral communication (English)
- Excellent organizational
- Experience in Research
- Ability to multi-task
- Good ICT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Quick to learn new concepts and innovative
- Experience fundraising and proposal development ideal
go to method of application »
AFIDEP is looking to hire a finance intern for a period of 6 months. The job holder will be tasked with ensuring that finance processes and record keeping is safeguarded. It is also an opportunity to assist the intern get on the job training.
Duties and responsibilities
- Among other tasks, the finance intern will be tasked with the following:
- Input of data into the Navision system. This data includes but is not limited to timesheets, staff accountability reports, Project work plans and budgets
- Assist in reviewing payment documents for completeness and accuracy
- Assist in maintaining a proper filling system for all payment documents and ensure accounting records are updated, reliable and according to AFIDEP accounting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Retrieving of documents for audit and ad-hoc requests
- Ensuring prompt re-archiving of documents after completion of audit and ad-hoc requests
- Support the Administration department in procurement and logistics
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Finance Internship
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA part 2
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and word
- Good skills in using financial software applications. Hands on experience in Accounting software preferably Navision ERP System
- Proficiency in English.
- 1 -2 years’ experience in a similar role in an INGO
- All staff in the Finance and Administration Department
- This position is based in Nairobi.
- Attention to detail
- Effective Time management skills
- Team player
- Organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to demonstrate high level of integrity
Candidates meeting the above qualifications should email:
1) A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies and skills
2) Updated CV including three relevant referees
Applications should be sent to [email protected] not later than 21 July 2020 with the title “Partnerships and Resource mobilization Intern” as the email subject. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.