The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key infl uence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising), Standard Digital, Farmers TV, KTN Burudani, Spice FM and Vybez Radio. As part of strengthening our operations, Digital department is looking for a smart, creative and ambitious individual to join the team.
This individual will be responsible for developing brand strategies, marketing plans, and product innovations to drive product growth. They should feel comfortable working cross-functionally to execute these strategies and ensure brand consistency.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure consistency in brand-related decisions
- Analyze and report on brand performance to determine ROI
- Monitor market and consumer trends
- Develop pricing and distribution strategies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing
- 3+ years' brand management or marketing experience
Reporting to Managing Editor – Digital
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The incumbent will be responsible for managing a team of creative video producers, and ensuring they package high quality engaging video content that will grow the Standard Digital online video audiences.
- Execute a video strategy aimed at growing online video viewership and monetization.
- Oversee a team of creative video producers and provide guidance on creative video productions for editorial and commercial briefs.
- Plan schedules for Standard Digital Video productions.
- Review production briefs, scripts and raw footage by the creative video producers for quality control.
- Evaluate edited footage and ensure it matches meets the narrative agenda of the producer and director of the video.
- Ensure all video content adheres to the Standard Group editorial policies.
- Provide a guide and work fl ow for video content that should be repurposed from TV.
- Work with the Monetization Editor and ensure a proper monetisation strategy for all video content posted on the website and social media platforms.
- Guide the team on the use of visuals, graphics, transitional elements, text and subtitles, animations, or motion graphics.
Academic Qualifi cations:
Bachelor’s degree in communication, fi lm production, journalism, multi-media or digital media.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy newsroom or creative space.
- Ability to guide and lead a team of creatives and manage productions.
- Technical skills in video editing and production.
Skills and Attributes
- A well-rounded experienced creative with a good grasp of storytelling, lighting, camera work sound and videography.
- Have competent technical expertise to use video and design soft ware with ease, and can work well in high-pressure environments.
- Understands online video monetization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Group career website on www.standardmedia.co.ke to apply