Paytech Limited is an IT service provider based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We are seeking to recruit a Network Infrastructure Engineer.
Network Infrastructure Engineer
Overall purpose of the job: Establishes and maintains network performance by designing, setting up the network layout, oversee network Installation, perform network configurations, and troubleshooting of network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes networking environment by designing the networks, directing system installation, and performing network configuration and directing.
- Defining, documenting and enforcing adherence to network standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Termination of cables and management of network cabinets.
- Secures data network by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes assigned duties specified in the allocated projects
- Reporting network operational status by preparing and submitting work progress report as per agreed frequency.
- Management of assigned team to accomplish agreed upon tasks as required.
Education background and Knowledge requirement: KCSE C Plus and above, CCNA, A+, N+, Certificate in Computer Packages, Diploma/Degree in IT or related course, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration
- At least 3 year experience after completion of tertiary education.
- Must have worked in a supervisory role for at least 1 year
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Computer packages.
- Experience in networks, computer software and hardware.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application attaching their CV and Cover letter by Monday 15th October via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.